Won't take off

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Always carefully boxed up in a back pack case. One side seems to want to raise up, the other won't. Seems like not generating enough rpm to have any power. All props spin up. Tried replacing a couple of motors on the "weak" side. No change

Sounds like you changed your stick mode, take a look at that first in the go app.

I also recall a like issue being correct on the advice from msinger that was fixed with a "remote controller calibration", also on the go app.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Sounds like you changed your stick mode, take a look at that first in the go app.

I also recall a like issue being correct on the advice from msinger that was fixed with a "remote controller calibration", also on the go app.

I have the same issue with apps on my iPhone and iPad and I have upgraded all the hardware and recalibrated everything. Have not changed stick configuration

Same problem with iPad and iPhone apps. Didn't change the stick configuration, recalibrated everything and upgraded all bird and RC S/W

I wouldn't think there's not much more to consider from a software perspective. ESC reacts to commands from the sticks on the RC, so I suppose you could try a simple test with Litchi. A simple mission in an open area, just a launch and land using the waypoint feature, keeping it very low of course. This could help tell if the problem is from the RC or the ESC. What changed from the last time you flew it? Crash, long storage, or something your not thinking of.

Last edited:
I wouldn't think there's not much more to consider from a software perspective. ESC reacts to commands from the sticks on the RC, so I suppose you could try a simple test with Litchi. A simple mission in an open area, just a launch and land using the waypoint feature, keeping it very low of course. This could help tell if the problem is from the RC or the ESC. What changed from the last time you flew it? Crash, long storage, or something your not thinking of.

Does the same thing in Lichi. No weird storage bumps or crashes.

Ok, so I know we already talked about stick mode, but with everything turned on, can you double check that it is set to stick mode 2. Should look like this.
03897bd95d209e412fcb0667a46babae.jpg

I only keep bringing it up because it happen to me once and every time I tried to lift off it was really telling it the reverse.

If this doesn't work than I would think you may have an issue with the ESC. On the P3P I guess it's on the main board, but from what in have read, some of the other earlier models use a separate/user changeable component.

Another good test, again in a wide open area, auto takeoff and auto landing. If it can't even do this, than you must have some electronic failure with the aircraft or a corrupt firmware issue. Also I am assuming through all this you have already looked at your battery voltages.

Ok, so I know we already talked about stick mode, but with everything turned on, can you double check that it is set to stick mode 2. Should look like this.
03897bd95d209e412fcb0667a46babae.jpg

I only keep bringing it up because it happen to me once and every time I tried to lift off it was really telling it the reverse.

If this doesn't work than I would think you may have an issue with the ESC. On the P3P I guess it's on the main board, but from what in have read, some of the other earlier models use a separate/user changeable component.

Dropped it off at a repair place. I'll keep you posted. I tried all of that. Must be an ESC issue

10-4
Hope it doesn't cost too much to fix.
Best of luck and yea, please keep me in the loop.
Cheers

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31