Won't take off...

Reaction score
Hi guys i just recently changed the receiver in my Vision + because i crashed it. I took it out to test it today and it showed it picked up enough GPS satellites in the APP and everything seemed ok, but the rear flight lights just keep flashing fast amber, it would not flash rapid green to mark the home point or go to slow flashing green after. This means that control signal is lost. I also noticed that one of my front lights isn't working (due to the crash) is this anything to do with it? Are one of the motors out so it's telling it it can't fly?

Any help would be very much appreciated, many thanks.

Did you check the controller wasn't in failsafe mode? I have done the same thing a few times and it would do what you explain

Bind the controller.

No, in GPS mode. I realised this because i tried to calibrate the compass. Do i need to bind the controller after replacing the receiver? Is the broken light anything to do with it?

You must always rebind after replacing the receiver. It's the receiver that keeps track of what it's bound to.

Oh right, i din't know that, thanks very much. Are there instructions on how to do that in the manual? Are you sure that non working front light isn't anything to do with it?

Thanks a lot.

Binded it and now it works fine. Thanks a lot for your help, but i don't suppose you would have any suggestions as to how to repair the front Light from not working, to working? The motor on the same side works fine, so it's something to do with the LED or the connection to the LED.

Jenko1989 said:
Binded it and now it works fine. Thanks a lot for your help, but i don't suppose you would have any suggestions as to how to repair the front Light from not working, to working? The motor on the same side works fine, so it's something to do with the LED or the connection to the LED.

Is it only the LED that's out, and otherwise it works fine? If so, check out the thinner wires that connect the ESC to the main board. Look at the orange wire that's by itself. That's the LED control wire. Make sure the connection is good at both sides.

If that's not it, then unscrew the ESC and take a look at the underside to see if one of the LEDs got damaged. If so, you might be able to resolder it back to the ESC. Or just get a new ESC. Or live without the light.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.