Won't take off unless multiple restarts ? Any ideas?

Reaction score
I have a new Phantom Vision. Many times now, I get good GPS green lights and the motors started spinning but applying throttle (and even full throttle) did not provide enough power and it stayed on the ground. The propellers sped up a little, but not much and despite multiple tries, I had to turn the unit off.

It's about 35 degrees outside so I took it inside to warm up and tried again. One time that worked, the other time it didn't seem to make a difference... but restarting the unit a couple times did seem to help.

It's very random now. I can't figure out why sometimes it will rev up and other times the increased throttle does very little.

Any ideas why this is happening? Could it be the cold weather? Is there something wrong with my unit? Once it does start working normally, the thing fly's great and seems to work as intended. However it can take awhile to get it going and that's frustrating.

thanks for any ideas.

Re: 2 times - Won't take off unless restart ? Any ideas?

Nothing scientific, but mine did the very same on 1st non flight , I put it down to not calibrating compass correctly , went through it again and hey pressto it worked ! Not sure if I had paid enough attention to the led on first attempt.

Crimbo said:
Nothing scientific, but mine did the very same on 1st non flight , I put it down to not calibrating compass correctly , went through it again and hey pressto it worked ! Not sure if I had paid enough attention to the led on first attempt.

thanks for your thought... although I dont think it was a compass thing. I had calibrated it. Also the lights were blinking green to show good GPS and no the red / yellow flash that is supposed to indicated compass calibration required. It's just weird... must be something else??

I've had ~15 flights and this has happened to me only once... and when it did happen, the PV was on the grass - perhaps this issue is due to the PV not being on level ground before turning it on?

rbarghini said:
I've had ~15 flights and this has happened to me only once... perhaps this issue is due to the PV not being on level ground before turning it on?

good thought... but mine was on a flat parking lot. hmmm... it just makes me nervous because I wouldn't want to have an issue during flight.

race3 said:
rbarghini said:
I've had ~15 flights and this has happened to me only once... perhaps this issue is due to the PV not being on level ground before turning it on?

good thought... but mine was on a flat parking lot. hmmm... it just makes me nervous because I wouldn't want to have an issue during flight.

Another thought, have you updated the firmware on your PV to V1.05 yet? Perhaps the original firmware (out of the box) was the cause? They did mention in their release notes "other minor fixes"... I'm just speculating.

rbarghini said:
race3 said:
rbarghini said:

Another thought, have you updated the firmware on your PV to V1.05 yet? Perhaps the original firmware (out of the box) was the cause? They did mention in their release notes "other minor fixes"... I'm just speculating.

i have not updated firmware yet... but can try that. thx.

For your PV's sake & yours, confirm you have the latest firmware by going to DJI's website & installing Phantom 2 Vision Assistant v1.05, connecting your PV by USB and letting the Assistant check it. If it needs upgrading, so will your TX. Download & install RC Assistant v1.0, open your TX, connect microUSB and upgrade your firmware:

http://www.dji.com/download/phantom-2-vision-downloads/

Do this before you attempt any more flying. You can read about the "invalid battery" issue elsewhere on the forum which will explain the importance of upgrading to v1.05 firmware ASAP. You can also find help with firmware upgrades as well.

iDrone

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20