Gimbal tilt error
Solution: Hardware malfunction.

Gimbal roll error
Solution: Hardware malfunction

Gimbal pan error
Solution: Hardware malfunction

Aircraft update required

Camera update required

OK, and when you do, check that the ends of the ribbon cables are fully inserted and locked down. They should not just slide out.

I hear ya. I checked each one under the magnifying glass. Like I said though, it has power to all three motors. It behaves just like it would when you're transferring files off the SD card. After it powers up and the gimbals are just limp but you can still hear the power running through the motors when you turn them.

When you power up the aircraft it doesn't roll the gimbal motors like it should.

Cables are hardware.

I understand that too.

Here's the million dollar question. If my cable is installed right, will those error messages go away on their own and the gimbal motors start working immediately again? And if not, why are all three getting power and hum when I touch them when the power is on, as if they are ready to work?

When powered on I get two green LEDs on the circuit boards. One is on the main board where the ribbon plugs into the board. And the other green LED is on the camera board. So, does that help anyone?

Ghost Rider, you have 2 or 3 threads going for this issue, and in another thread you said that the ribbon cable connection going into the camera did not have the locking clip on the connector.
If it truly doesn't, it must have been broken off.
I'm wondering if (as I stated in another thread) your ribbon cable is not locked down as @Multicoptertec suggests that is necessary.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Ghost Rider, you have 2 or 3 threads going for this issue, and in another thread you said that the ribbon cable connection going into the camera did not have the locking clip on the connector.
I'm wondering if (as I stated in another thread) your ribbon cable is not locked down as @Multicoptertec suggests that is necessary.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I fixed that problem dude. All cable locked down. Inspected by the CDC. We're go for cable lockdown. I have power at all plugs and sockets. All plugs are flush and locked down.

The gimbal status says OK. If the camera isn't working, won't the gimbal motors still power up and it go through that free range startup thing it does?

The gimbal status says OK. If the camera isn't working, won't the gimbal motors still power up and it go through that free range startup thing it does?
Any updates? My ribbon cable appears to have a small tear and the gimble is going crazy and can't calibrate.

Ordered a new cable hoping it will fix it

Hey Ghost Rider, I crashed mine too and have same problem, replaced ribbon and yaw arm, seems like motors are getting power, they get warm but nothing happens, needed to update firmware but it won't read the card, formatted like 20 times and nothing still, heard about re-installing version 1.3 then back to 1.10 but nothing. Any update on yours?

I have the same problem as you guys. Change de camera, and the app tells me to do a update, but cant read the SD card.

Dunno why the comment about card size for updating ... any size will do as long as it reads / writes in the machine. No need for a special card for updates.

Back to guys problem .... so many people we read try repairs to gimbals / cameras and end up no better and sending to DJI.
My personal view - and I can repair many items if really need to .... the DJI gear is so interlocked across its items - that you never really know what causes the errors. You fix one item - but still error shows ... or you get another error.
My P3P went in for blown board after FW change ... DJI checked it out and two boards blown, gimbal arm bent ... etc.
It went in again after a 'tree jumped in front of it' ... it had broken gimbal arm and ribbon cable ... but repair turned out to require a replacement gimbal system.

So it costs more than DIY ... it takes time ... but at end of day - you get a machine that works and a warranty on the work ...

Good enough for me ...

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl