Won't recognize SD card. "Says No SD Card"

Reaction score
I can't upload the firmware update and the DJI Go App won't reformat card because in both instances it says there's no SD card. I replaced the ribbon. I get No SD card.

Try another SD card.
I also see others recommend to try formatting that SD card in a computer.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

It's still showing the same errors as when the camera was ripped off. When the new ribbon is plugged into the camera, it's supposed to work again, right?

I guess nobody here gets into fixing the gimbles and ribbons when they break. I put it back together right.

Ever think the camera is damaged?

Ever think the camera is damaged?

Of course I though that but how do you tell?

I wish I could get about 10 of you guys in a room and show you what I'm dealing with. I get power to the motors and the camera. I need to know how the entire system works. Will the gimble work on power up after a ribbon install or does it need to be updated? My DJI app says the camera needs to be updated but it won't let me because it says I have no SD card. So I'm stuck.

Here's a question that might help me understand. If one of you guys sent me the camera...unplugged the main plug and two antennas, and sent it to me, would everything work just fine? Would my aircraft still need to be updated? Because if that's the case I'll send my aircraft to one of you out there to update and that should get me unstuck. No?

Some of us certainly do repair gimbals and ribbons and whatever else you have. It's difficult to give you a quick instant answer to fix your problem. I don't know if your cable fix was good. Don't know if your card slot is good. Don't know what else may be broken. You are on the right track though, an easy way to troubleshoot is to swap out components. No, no one here can tell you for sure that it's your camera that is at fault.

That doesn't seem very likely though. It doesn't make sense. Here's how I understand it.

Camera tore off, gave a yaw, pan and whatever the other axis is, malfunction and of course, I have no camera.

I replaced the ribbon and when I power it up, nothing changes. It still shows that I need to do a firmware update and have those same three malfunctions. Also says I need to update the camera firmware.

My concern is, I'm having a firmware issue and and stuck between updating the firmware and the malfunctions. Like, after I crashed, I updated the DJI Go App. So I am trying to get this thing back online from where it broke the ribbon and had the malfunctions to updating the newest firmware on the most recent DJI Go App.

Does any of this make any sense?

Some of us certainly do repair gimbals and ribbons and whatever else you have. It's difficult to give you a quick instant answer to fix your problem. I don't know if your cable fix was good. Don't know if your card slot is good. Don't know what else may be broken. You are on the right track though, an easy way to troubleshoot is to swap out components. No, no one here can tell you for sure that it's your camera that is at fault.

See this is what I'm thinking. But I don't have a spare Standard to do that with. If I did I'd get the answer.

If my cable fix wasn't good, I don't think I'd be getting power to all three gimble motors and I don't think the camera would get warm. So I don't think that's the issue.

The camera and both sides of the boards look perfect. The main board where the camera plugs into the bird looks good too and I notice a small green LED lights up intermittently when the power is on.I

I feel like I need to do the firmware update for it to recognize the SD card again. The problem is, you can't do a firmware update without an SD card.

Last edited:
I don't have a meter.

When you guys changed the ribbon, did you have to update the firmware for it to work again when you powered it up the first time? What's the aircraft supposed to do?

I used a magnifying glass and rechecked all the connections.

I'll do it again later when I'm fresh.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic