Won't lift off.

Reaction score
I have a PV2+ V3. I have the new 2.1 ESC. The 3.08 firmware. When trying to take off Phantom will just spin real fast but never lift off. I have tried several batteries that all check good, recalibrated IMU, set remote to mode 2 where left stick is throttle up. Have the DJI 9450 Props. not the knock offs. I get green lights flashing for take off. I have had a FC40 before this one so I know how to, calibrate do compass ect. I was not connected to vision app but did not think I had to just to take off and fly. I did NOT have range extender on as I just wanted to take off and fly with no video so don't know if I need to do that? I did not upgrade firmware after putting on the 2.1 ESCs but I already had the 3.08 firmware and keep hearing bad things as people move up to 3.12. I bought this used with a bad motor and just change out all the 2.0 ESCs to 2.1 at the same time I put on a new motor. So I never saw it fly before I bought it. All things seem to work Its just that it won't take off, just spins fast but no lift.

UPDATE: I went ahead and updated to 3.12 firmware and then re-calibrated the remote control with the RC assistant and the vision 2 assistant 3.8. Put the RC in mode 2 where left stick is throttle up. Still not taking off. Turned off GPS mode, still no take off. I am a few miles from airport so maybe it thought I was in a 'no fly zone'. So I drove about 20 miles out and still did same thing. I had someone hold in air and it blows a lot of wind but not trying to move up. If I try to turn left or right it will pull left or right like it would if it was flying and trying to turn but just has no upward thrust.

You didn't mention it, so try calibrating your remote controller like this:

Last edited:
Might seem obvious but I am going to throw it out there. You said they spin fast but it won't lift off. Any chance the props are on the wrong motors?

cahutch said:
Also make sure the controller is in mode 2. Sometimes people accidentally switch to mode 1 and the throttle is on the right instead

I'm with you on this one .. make sure in assistant software mode 1 throttle on left is clicked.

BlackTracer said:
mmee1992 said:
Might seem obvious but I am going to throw it out there. You said they spin fast but it won't lift off. Any chance the props are on the wrong motors?

That's not possible. The threads won't allow it.

Oh yeah, I didn't even think of that haha.

I'm having the same problem. Won't lift off since I added the new camera.

Attachments

• mini with 5d.jpg
    mini with 5d.jpg
    423.3 KB · Views: 605
syotr said:

props are mismatched wrong pitch angle front right. its a ccw, instead of cw.. maybe you should read the manual next time! :lol: :D :geek:

capodrone81 said:
syotr said:

props are mismatched wrong pitch angle front right. its a ccw, instead of cw.. maybe you should read the manual next time! :lol: :D :geek:
Good catch! That was the problem. It's flying fine now.

Attachments

• mini with 5d flying.jpg
    mini with 5d flying.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 523
UPDATE: Nothing worked yet. I went ahead and updated to 3.12 firmware and then re-calibrated the remote control with the RC assistant and the vision 2 assistant 3.8. Put the RC in mode 2 where left stick is throttle up. Still not taking off. I am a few miles from airport so maybe it thought I was in a 'no fly zone'. So I drove about 20 miles out and still did same thing. I had someone hold in air and it blows a lot of wind but not trying to move up. If I try to turn left or right it will pull left or right like it would if it was flying and trying to turn but just has no upward thrust.

msinger said:
You didn't mention it, so try calibrating your remote controller like this:
Thanks for the tip. I tried just like video, no luck.

cahutch said:
Also make sure the controller is in mode 2. Sometimes people accidentally switch to mode 1 and the throttle is on the right instead
In mode 2 can hear throttling up and blades spin fast but no lift off. :(

Prowler said:
I have a PV2+ V3. I have the new 2.1 ESC. The 3.08 firmware. When trying to take off Phantom will just spin real fast but never lift off. I have tried several batteries that all check good, recalibrated IMU, set remote to mode 2 where left stick is throttle up. Have the DJI 9450 Props. not the knock offs. I get green lights flashing for take off. I have had a FC40 before this one so I know how to, calibrate do compass ect. I was not connected to vision app but did not think I had to just to take off and fly. I did NOT have range extender on as I just wanted to take off and fly with no video so don't know if I need to do that? I did not upgrade firmware after putting on the 2.1 ESCs but I already had the 3.08 firmware and keep hearing bad things as people move up to 3.12. I bought this used with a bad motor and just change out all the 2.0 ESCs to 2.1 at the same time I put on a new motor. So I never saw it fly before I bought it. All things seem to work Its just that it won't take off, just spins fast but no lift.

UPDATE: I went ahead and updated to 3.12 firmware and then re-calibrated the remote control with the RC assistant and the vision 2 assistant 3.8. Put the RC in mode 2 where left stick is throttle up. Still not taking off. I am a few miles from airport so maybe it thought I was in a 'no fly zone'. So I drove about 20 miles out and still did same thing. I had someone hold in air and it blows a lot of wind but not trying to move up. If I try to turn left or right it will pull left or right like it would if it was flying and trying to turn but just has no upward thrust.
Did you wire the esc right ? Make sure the motors are spinning in the right direction.

Mori55 said:
Did you wire the esc right ? Make sure the motors are spinning in the right direction.

That what I was thinking but can the CCW motor spin CW? I hooked the motors and ESC up the same way they came off but it did this before I did the upgrade. That is one reason I did upgrade. I changed out one motor and ESC and it wouldn't take off so I thought maybe it be cause I only now had one 2.1 ESC so I upgraded all ESC to 2.1 same problem. I put wires back same way they came off. I was thinking, Maybe it was a factory defect and wires came backwards? Does anyone have a pic of what the wires should look like? I was also thinking what if motors were in wrong positions. Left motor where right motors should go? Which wires would have to be hooked up wrong for motors to spin backwards?

Prowler said:
I was also thinking what if motors were in wrong positions. Left motor where right motors should go? Which wires would have to be hooked up wrong for motors to spin backwards?
Easy to tell if rotation is in correct direction. Just check against the circle arrow on the top of each arm on the case.

Meta4 said:
Prowler said:
I was also thinking what if motors were in wrong positions. Left motor where right motors should go? Which wires would have to be hooked up wrong for motors to spin backwards?
Easy to tell if rotation is in correct direction. Just check against the circle arrow on the top of each arm on the case.
Also make sure you have the top half of the shell installed correctly, not rotated 90 degrees.

Can you please check what your geo fence is. The height is controlled by the naza imu. And if your altimeter is showing negative values, it may not lift.

syotr said:
lol :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik