wont lift off after flight

Reaction score
just curious did an 11,000 feet flight tonight brought it in switched batteries and tried to take off again and props fired up but would lift off the ground shut it off for a second or so tried again and away she went im assuming its because I just finished a long hard flight and coming home was going pretty much full tilt that the motors were still a bit hot from the flight, am I correct or should I be concerned?

You can always check battery temp in the Go app. That will give you some idea, of what's going on inside the drone.
If you purchase an inexpensive heat gauge, then you may read the motor temps when you land.

RedHotPoker

ya I never evn thought of checking the temps in the goapp should have did that I guess but do you think thats a possibility why it wouldnt lift off is because the motors were hot?

It's never happened to me, but that's not to say it isn't a good possibility. My batteries can get extremely warm to the touch, so I'm not surprised that our electric motors can heat up some too.
Which Phantom are you flying?
Ah, it was a nice warm day here today... Was it a hot day over in Yorkton?

RedHotPoker

was flying the Phantom 3 pro at the time, also have an inspire , have the Max UAV kit on the phantom controller and sure love having the increased signal strength thats for sure, even at 11,000 feet out still had good signal strength with it, was warm here today, I did fly it a bit after it wouldnt lift off and didnt see any other problems with it so I just chalked it up to being hot....was just curious if this has happened to others thats all.....

Well, hopefully, it won't affect any future flights. Take her easy.
I know that's not always the most fun, while flying around. Ha
I like to tear up the sky too. ;-)

RedHotPoker

I've never heard of the motors spinning but can't lift off. Unless the ESCs have some sort of temperature sensor/limited? Maybe the flight logs have something to help. Someone here should be able to help you with it. Did you upload them to healthydrones to see if there are any warnings? Maybe you could start there. Good luck.

It could have been start-up processing.

My guess would be a battery-throttling issue. After a long, hard flight and quick shut down the battery probably peaked in heat. I know my P3P will reduce battery output and give a message on screen, if it gets too hot.

The OP said in post #1, He had already switched batteries, to a fresh pack...
So a hot flight battery, wouldn't be the error cause.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Pharm
when I landed after the long flight I immediatly switched batteries and tried to take off but the motors spun up and the bird was tring to lift off but wouldnt, im assuming it was a heat issue after I shut it down and waited maybe a min or 2 it fired up and took off like nothing was wrong

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj