Won't let me record video- slow memory card error message

Reaction score
I flew my P4 Pro today and recorded about 10 minutes of video on the 16gb memory card that came with the P4 (see attached photo) There was still about 10gb of space left on the card when I started getting a message saying that the memory card was writing too slowly and it stopped recording video- I could record for about 3 seconds before it would stop. Everything I have looked at says the memory card that I have should be able to handle shooting in 4K/HD. I'm not sure what is wrong??

Attachments

• IMG_2171.JPG
    IMG_2171.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 414
Happened to me too on a P4Pro+... used SanDisk extreme (2 cards, formatted in drone). Recording 4k @ 30fps and I'm getting "slow SD" messages on screen with no option to stop recording, take stills until apparently the buffer flushed. Interesting side-note is that the video on the screen started showing LOTS of artifacts even though the drone was a maybe just 60 feet away in a rural area with no interference.
I suspect that the video gets written to SD and then sent to the remote (ie not a parallel process) when the recording option is on and a slow SD card / write buffer issues will cause dropped frames / blotchy artifacts on the FPV screen. When I finally was able to stop recording I had no issues with the FPV quality at all...

I've been flying the P4 (non pro) before a bit and never had issues like that...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj