Wondering which GoPro/gimbal to buy

Reaction score
New to the forum!

I've been flying my FC40 for three months and want to upgrade with a gimbal and GoPro. I'm a beginner looking to launch a videography business within the next year or so.

As a beginner, is the Zenmuse H3-2D that much better than the Walkera G-2D ($370 to $85) for the price?

And will the video quality from the GoPro 4 Black ($500) with 1080p, 120fps be THAT much better than the GoPro 3 Silver ($300) with 1080p, 60fps?

Money spent on those determines purchase time... Looking for input, thanks all!

I already owned a gopro and added a ebay gimbal to my fc40. Flight times are cut nearly in half. For 60$ it was fun to play with. Had I spent 800$ id have been greatly disappointed. Im looking into a better AP platform than the FC40 for the future.

Do you guys think that will be the same result with a P1? I'm currently using the anti-jello mount with an older gopro and I'd really like to upgrade the camera and use a gimbal. Hope you don't mind me asking OP, sounds like we are in a similar situation...

Adding a Zenmuse gimbal to a stock FC40 will require several other add-on components as well (P1 upgrade board or GCU+PMU), so the Walkera would be the cheaper solution by far in that case. It'll take a little work getting connected, but it'll be a lighter and less-costly option.

If your FC40 already has the upgrade board then the Zenmuse is by far the most elegant solution for a Phantom...easy to connect and easy to use.

With either gimbal, you'll probably want to add P2 props and larger batteries as well, or you'll run in to the same flight time limitations rustysocket warned about.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4