Wondering P3S (bird)

Reaction score
Does anyone have a theory on why my P3S gets the wonders. Not always but sometimes when it is hovering, it will move around from left to right, back and forth etc. I have also noticed that when I move forward it will move off in a diagonal direction. I thought wind speed may have contributed but this can happen in calm conditions.

Thanks G

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I've had (even today) birds of Prey come very close to my P3P so much so I have taken some pretty extreme measures to get back on the ground ASAP.

Keep in mind that if the BoP was serious about attacking the P3 or P4 there's not a lot that can be done. They are masters of the sky and masters of the kill.

Nesting birds can be defensive to the death.

I've had (even today) birds of Prey come very close to my P3P so much so I have taken some pretty extreme measures to get back on the ground ASAP.

Keep in mind that if the BoP was serious about attacking the P3 or P4 there's not a lot that can be done. They are masters of the sky and masters of the kill.

Nesting birds can be defensive to the death.

Thanks for adding your comments, I've also had issues with birds being a little too interested in my P3S. My question is more about GPS &/or Calibration issues and why they drop in and out.

Thanks for adding your comments, I've also had issues with birds being a little too interested in my P3S. My question is more about GPS &/or Calibration issues and why they drop in and out.

LOL I totally misread this thread. That's a good sign it's time to log off and hit the pillow.

I remember somewhere in the manual that says about always have a buffer of +- 1m for vertical and horizontal space. If you want something more stable, you need the Visual Positioning System that are in the 4K, Adv and Pro.

Reactions: artheserenity
I remember somewhere in the manual that says about always have a buffer of +- 1m for vertical and horizontal space. If you want something more stable, you need the Visual Positioning System that are in the 4K, Adv and Pro.

Thank you, agreed, I do recall reading that as well. Some days are just a little worse then others.

Disagree with needing a 4K, Adv or Pro for stablable. My Standard is very stable, within a few inches even in the wind. It has more to do with GPS signal counts and the drone finding itself within that space. And correct me if I'm wrong, but the Visual Positional system is only for low level flying and indoor flight. Now the Adv/Pro models do have GPS and GLONASS both, so that would help with the issue I'm describing, the drone getting a fix.

Last edited:
The tendancy to fly a heading not prescribed by your commanded stick input is sugestive of a compass issue, probably bad calibration or the environmemt you are flying in.

Thank you, agreed, I do recall reading that as well. Some days are just a little worse then others.

I think this is when the GPS signal counts are low and the drone is finding itself, getting a fix.

The tendancy to fly a heading not prescribed by your commanded stick input is sugestive of a compass issue, probably bad calibration or the environmemt you are flying in.

What are your thoughts on recalibrating every time you fly?

It's all about the serenity

What are your thoughts on recalibrating every time you fly?

I dont. Id rather fly with a last known good calibration than risk replacing it with a bad one. I do look at my mod value as part of my pre flight check and check the heading indicator in the go app makes sense before i venture to far from the home point.

I dont. Id rather fly with a last known good calibration than risk replacing it with a bad one. I do look at my mod value as part of my pre flight check and check the heading indicator in the go app makes sense before i venture to far from the home point.

Sounds like "best practice". I do have a local area where I can get a good calibration. I'll head out there before I fly again.
Thanks for your advice.
Cheers G

Disagree with needing a 4K, Adv or Pro for stablable. My Standard is very stable, within a few inches even in the wind. It has more to do with GPS signal counts and the drone finding itself within that space. And correct me if I'm wrong, but the Visual Positional system is only for low level flying and indoor flight. Now the Adv/Pro models do have GPS and GLONASS both, so that would help with the issue I'm describing, the drone getting a fix.
Its true, but given that OP didn't mention how far from the ground and the fact that he can see it drifting, means its close enough so I would assume the lack of satellite therefore he needs VPS if he wants it more stable. Yours probably have enough satellites to ensure it not drifting.

Its true, but given that OP didn't mention how far from the ground and the fact that he can see it drifting, means its close enough so I would assume the lack of satellite therefore he needs VPS if he wants it more stable. Yours probably have enough satellites to ensure it not drifting.

Thanks for replying jeganx,

Normally I would have 9-10 satellites, though I can't recall what I had this particular time and the bird was around 4 meters off the ground.
As I moved off (tail facing me) the bird drifted to the left, and not straight as per control stick. I'll try calibrating in a better location and see how things go.

Cheers G

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj