Wondering if anyone has same P3S motor sound

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has same P3S motor sound. On moving up,down or bank I hear a shrill dentist drill like sound from motor or motors. New drone with less than 2 hours flight time and would really like to avoid sending it back to DJI especially if I am being overly concerned.

That noise is new to me, but I have found going through DJI Store customer service very responsive in trying to resolve issues via email. In three separate instances they provided very detailed instructions to help me resolve my issues without sending my unit in.

On another thought, have you checked your props for crack or chips? I would suggest an IMU recalibration also.

Good luck!

That noise is new to me, but I have found going through DJI Store customer service very responsive in trying to resolve issues via email. In three separate instances they provided very detailed instructions to help me resolve my issues without sending my unit in.

On another thought, have you checked your props for crack or chips? I would suggest an IMU recalibration also.

Good luck!
Thanks for the reply, had the same thought and although the blades looked perfect changed them anyway no change.

Actually mine has always made that noise. Didn't think anything of it as its flies well

Wondering if anyone has same P3S motor sound. On moving up,down or bank I hear a shrill dentist drill like sound from motor or motors. New drone with less than 2 hours flight time and would really like to avoid sending it back to DJI especially if I am being overly concerned.
Do you mean the sounds of the motors changing speed as you change altitude. They also change speed as you bank as the bird tries to level itself. Are these the normal sounds you hear or something unusual?

Do you mean the sounds of the motors changing speed as you change altitude. They also change speed as you bank as the bird tries to level itself. Are these the normal sounds you hear or something unusual?
Thanks for the reply.
Makes same noise descending so I'm thinking vertical up/down pressure on motor bearing as opposed to RPM. No dentist drill sound when hovering. I have also have a P3P which does not do this but a reply here leads me to believe it is not uncommon.

Reactions: JoBe
My standard makes it but pro doesn't. Was listening to one on you tube and it made it too so think it's normal.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20