Woke up to 2 unresponsive batteries.

Reaction score
I have 2 batteries for the P4 and the official charging dock. I had left my batteries on the dock in storage mode and just now went to click it over to charge them to go fly in NH. Well there was no response from either battery, they are completely dead despite being stored on the charger. I have tired plugging them directly into the charging cable and again I get no response. I thought it was a defective cable, but the remote is now charging up just fine so I assume something happened to both batteries? Anyone had this before? I already emailed DJI as I bought this in June so it's definitely still under warrantee.

I have 2 batteries for the P4 and the official charging dock. I had left my batteries on the dock in storage mode and just now went to click it over to charge them to go fly in NH. Well there was no response from either battery, they are completely dead despite being stored on the charger. I have tired plugging them directly into the charging cable and again I get no response. I thought it was a defective cable, but the remote is now charging up just fine so I assume something happened to both batteries? Anyone had this before? I already emailed DJI as I bought this in June so it's definitely still under warrantee.
After connecting your batteries to the charger press anf hold the start button on the battery for 5 seconds or more. wait till the lights go on and release, this may start the charge.

I have 2 batteries for the P4 and the official charging dock. I had left my batteries on the dock in storage mode and just now went to click it over to charge them to go fly in NH. [....]

When you say ON the dock in storage mode what do you mean exactly? You opted for storage and left them there on the dock hooked to the mains? For how long?

Storage mode only either charges your battery up to 50% or discharges batteries above that down to 50%, once it's done, you remove the batteries and store them, not too sure how long you had them there but if it was for long, you may have damaged either the battery or the charger or both.

The processor chip within the battery needs minimal current to wake up and start charge process. As per design, empty depleted battery means potential damaged chemistry of Lipo cells, so charging in this context is not allowed for security reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Talked to DJI and they are already on the way in for replacement. Thanks for all the tips and tricks. Definitely will try them in the future if I run into any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4