Wobbly video / gimbal

Reaction score
I've had my P4 a couple of weeks now, getting some lovely video and greatest photos. Today, I let it go on my first 'quite large' Litchi route and it flew it perfectly. Because it was overcast and hazy, I decided to try a 'push on' ND filter that came in my package. But the video was terribly jerky, like it was struggling to hold still. Landed, took off the filter and used DJI GO - no problems. I have recalibrated my ICUs (one was yellow), recalibrated the compass and charged everything. Will try tomorrow and see if it was the filter, or Litchi, or a combination of both. Anyone else had this happen?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

What kind of filter are you using, what is the weight? Is it too heavy for the gimbal or is it one that should be balanced? PolarPro sells great ND filters and their service is amazing.

Well I'm glad to report that this 'problem' appears to have gone. Brought the Phantom home, recalibrated the ICU and the gimbal, recalibrated compass, charged everything back up and took out again today, to the same location. As it was sunny I put a 'push on' polariser lens on (making sure it was firmly pressed on) and sent the P4 off on the first 'full' mission I've done with Litchi (I aborted the darn thing yesterday due to the wobbly video) - after checking that everything was fine by sending it up 45 metres as we had a 'breeze' coming in. No problems, restarted and sent off on the Litchi mission for EIGHT minutes! No wobble / wibble, very clear sweeping shots and everything worked as it was meant to do. Will try the ND 'push on' filter again, maybe I hadn't pushed it on far enough and it was unbalancing the lens? Anyway.... have shown a 3 minute video of this flight below. And yes, I know, I'm still catching the props in shot every now and then, I'm working on it...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Looks like you have horizon tilt, just like me!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers