Wobbly Landing

I honestly can't see how on earth anyone could hurt themselves hand catching.

hmmmmm..............to each their own...................maybe ask this guy "how it is possible to get injured hand catching"........

I would be happy to. As I do have several questions.
What model of aircraft, was he attempting to hand catch?
Why was he injured, doing a simple thing, hand catching his blender?
Were facial stitches required? Those are scars for life.
He was actually very lucky, as he nearly took out an eye.

Will he learn how to "safely" land on the ground now? Is the question.

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
I have noticed that the swipe to land and RTH land more aggressively then I would like. I either hand catch or land it manually where I can touch it down gently.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Even using those autonomous features, you can still take control and land it with a much softer touchdown.

I often wonder why they do hit the ground with so much gusto?

RedHotPoker

Hmmm
I have had the exact opposite experience with my P4. I have calibrated both my P4 and P3P and my P4 is more stable at landing. I do use a 3 x 2 sheet of plywood to land so maybe the sensors have an easier time detecting it from the surrounding surfaces. Never hand catch as I come from the DIY world (5 pound hex for one bird).

Not quite a hand catch eh???
Darwin awards here we come!

Yikes - did not know that..............incredible, the things people do!

Makes more sense (if there is any)........now looking at the photo.

LOL Darwin award for certain

well if someone tries to catch it while its landing then thats daft, it should always be in a stable hover just higher that eye lever then all you have to do is grab the landing strut and shut down with left stick in left hand.. just make sure you have a good hold and an eye on the rotors...
Also be aware that in sport mode.. landing can be very fast especially if it is auto RTH as it can bounce hard, if you get switch it into P mode or better still tale over control when near.
Or you can always wear a Ice hockey goal keepers mask ;P

Last edited:
Reactions: eaglegoaltender
I've noticed a little wobble once on the ground like its pulling at an angle then as the motors shut down it sits fully down!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31