wobble during decent

Reaction score
noticed during a decent in calm conditions my P3P seems to wobble from side a bit, and the motors seem to change pitch.

is this normal or is something wrong? ive balanced the props using a glass and balance rod.

also last weekend I noticed some slight pitching around when hovering in clam weather near the ground maybe 4m up. though I was near some metal climbing frames in a park, so maybe the magnetic's were off, I brought it in lower to see if the camera system could hold it still, but didn't seem to make any difference. does the grass being blown around mess the positioning system up?

Are you using OEM DJI props? Have you ever crashed and damaged your shell?

My P2V wobbles during descent too. I think all the Phantoms do because if they come straight down they're descending through the prop wash. But most pilots aren't aware of it because the wobbling is invisible due to the advanced gimbals. You might try coming down at an angle and I bet any wobble is much less in calm wind.

oem props. had to replace 2 of them when I had a tip over. they didn't break, as they hit the soft lawn, just didn't trust them.

yes I find when flying in a slight breeze it seems less jittery. my guess is when windy its fighting to maintain its position more, bit like a drunk man having a wall to prop against.

The wobble and change of pitch are the makings of VRS. I haven't seen anyone actually enter VRS with a P3 though. It's possible to do it with P2s.

Are you coming down at full throttle? Let up on the stick a bit and the wobbling should go away.

Reactions: cypher007
yes this is almost the look of mine during full downward stick. probably due to the lack of wind, carbon gimbal plate, and metal motor mounts adding a little weight. ill be more careful to watch for VRS in future.

Sorry to chime in late,
I wanted to add, sounds funny, but has happened to me, your gimbal jello-balls, check them thoroughly, for tears, rips, cracks. Believe it or not, it will cause wobble, as the gimbal tries to correct itself, causing phantom to correct, causing gimbal to correct, causing phantom to correct, ect. Ultimately causing a strange wobble. Not sure if this is your problem, but worth a look. Took me 2 weeks to track it down, when it happened to me.:rolleyes:

Hope this helps, and hope you get it worked out! Keeping fingers crossed.

J Dot
:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan