Without any antenna mod or windsurfer, how far can your p4 go?

Reaction score
Hello:

I have read that a lot of people can go real far on a p4 with modification such as parabolic/windsurfer, ARGtek ,or DBS. But straight out of the box a p4 with a GL300c control WITHOUT using any windsurfers or antenna extension, what is the farthest distance you have seen?

So far mine is 9888ft, and I am still testing. Thanks in advance for chiming in on this thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Robz
When I was at the beach this summer here in North Carolina, I went 2.5 miles out to sea. Had full signal, could of flown longer but I had a strong tail wind going out. Flew back in sport mode only going 10-12mph that day. Gotta be careful. I had no windsurfers on. My controller is all stock

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Walnawk
Mine is doing good to get 4000' stock. With GL658A Inspire controller, stock, the P4 will do 11,000', no wind surfer. With Windsurfer 18,000'. This is flying channel 30 (using the hack), and 4mbps bit rate.

Reactions: Walnawk
Mine is doing good to get 4000' stock. With GL658A Inspire controller, stock, the P4 will do 11,000', no wind surfer. With Windsurfer 18,000'. This is flying channel 30 (using the hack), and 4mbps bit rate.

When I was at the beach this summer here in North Carolina, I went 2.5 miles out to sea. Had full signal, could of flown longer but I had a strong tail wind going out. Flew back in sport mode only going 10-12mph that day. Gotta be careful. I had no windsurfers on. My controller is all stock

Wow!!! Raw distance 2.5 miles out to the sea!!! I am going to find some more sea shores to replicate your achievement...at least I will try.

I live in the country and don't really have any interference and can go 3 miles all stock.

Reactions: Robz and Walnawk
I fly with a modified antenna & after 3 + miles I usually have RTH kick in because of battery level. Signal strength is solid at 3 miles but usually 50% battery left kicks in RTH

image.jpeg
All stock, at 16,500 SRTH kicked in.

How high did you fly at when you made that 3 miles run?
I started out low and increased altitude when signal got weak. Was at 390' at the end.

Standing on the banks of the peace river went out 4.5 Km. Could have gone farther but had to Rtn because of battery. All stock

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen