With or without GoPro battery?

Reaction score
My gimbal arrives Tuesday. Does anyone know if I can install my GoPro to it without the battery in the GoPro? I'd like to save that weight.

Mine has not come n yet but I understand the GP needs the battery to operate even while plugged in. My fpv also powers my GP but want work w/o battery.
Edit: A good way to check is to see if the GP powers up w/o battery while you are in charge mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my limited experience I have found out gimbals like to have the battery in the gopro as it seems the gimbal is calibrated to allow for the complete weight of the camera. For me it's a shame that the Zenmuse gimbal can't use some of the gopro power as it (the gimbal) has significantly reduced my flight times.

Only GoPro3 Black Edition doesn't works without it's battery. With the other models you can uses them without own battery.

Related to weight, that is a "wanna be ligther phantom", because if you take out GoPro battery for reducing weight, may be you'll get some grams lighter, and may be some longer flight time, but your main battery will power your GoPro, so that will reduce the flight time... because more juice required.... so no winner here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers