Wishlist addition - circles

Reaction score
I would say that the ONLY thing I wish the DJI software would allow for, which the Ardu has, is the nose-in-circle-mode.

I don't see it would take more than a few hours of coding by the sweat shop.... The parameters of the circle, namely, the radius, could be set in the assistant software and the initiation of the maneuver could be as simple as adding another mode to the mode switch option. So like GPS, attitude and Circle/Attitude/Manual.

Even the ground station doesn't do it, which is a real let down.

With home lock mode pushing the right stick to the left or right should make the phantom circle the home point, if you have the camera pointed in, then I guess this would be called a nose in circle . . .

So, you would take off, fly over the spot you wish to circle, re-set the home point fly outside the 10m circle, flick to home lock mode and circle around :)

The phantom actually has a lot of the features people are wishing for, they just haven't learnt how to do it! Or some of the software to do it isn't enabled In The vision!

It's my understanding that the quad does not rotate round as it makes the IOC circle, it stays pointing the same direction the whole time.
So my wish list remains intact.

DJI knows how to do it, the functionality exists in the WooKong and A2 flight controllers (the "POI" function). I'd assume it's one of the features they preferred to keep "premium" up till now anyway. I imagine it'll trickle down to the Phantom eventually, but no idea how long that will take.

marcus_canada said:
It's my understanding that the quad does not rotate round as it makes the IOC circle, it stays pointing the same direction the whole time.
So my wish list remains intact.

That's true for course lock, but home lock will move in relation to the fixed home point, so roll input will result in circling that spot. Not the ideal solution, but can be used as a workaround in some situations.

Yes the POI is as close as it gets and, despite the somewhat clumsy implementation, it works very well. let's see that refined and, as you say, handed down to the Naza family :)

How does a person re-set the Home location while flying? I didn't think this was possible.

That would work great to get some sweet panning/circling video of a specific target. If you could fly up to your 'target', mark it as the home location, and then fly at least 10m from it and use the roll to circle it.

Jebus said:
How does a person re-set the Home location while flying? I didn't think this was possible.

It's Ground Station function, you can't do it with just a transmitter. :)

Jebus said:
That would work great to get some sweet panning/circling video of a specific target. If you could fly up to your 'target', mark it as the home location, and then fly at least 10m from it and use the roll to circle it.

Agreed, that is a possible option for shots which you set up.

Ahh... thanks for the reply. I was hoping for a simple solution for my v1.1.1. Might have to upgrade!

marcus_canada said:
Jebus said:

It's Ground Station function, you can't do it with just a transmitter. :)

READ the MANUALs before you go giving out advice that is incorrect!

To re-set the home position whilst flying, fly over the object or poi you wish to make as the new home point, and flick the HL/CL switch 5~6 times the phantom should flash green multiple time fast (just like it does to show to home point is recorded before take off).

This is from memory, but if you read the page in the manual on home lock / course lock it should say exactly how many flicks of the switch it requires!

Thanks Driffill! Good news! I don't remember seeing that in the manual. I'll have to take another look. Cheers!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl