Wish me luck!

Reaction score
Crashed my P3A tonight. It was completely my fault, ignored the 30% warning and kept flying. Thing is it was right across the street in sight. Was filming local fireworks and lost track of the battery percent. After everything I read on this site from all the helpful people, and my fairly cautious flying up until tonight had kept me trouble free! Never even a close call. The one time I pushed it, simply because it was close enough to see... I crashed it.
Well , like the title says. Please wish me luck in finding it in the woods tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Digdat0
Good luck finding the bird tomorrow. Hope it is in good shape too. You may want to consider installing a tracker for instances like these.

And we ALL push the limits sometimes. You are not the first.....or the last. Happy hunting!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Of course you will recover your wayward bird.
It's part of the new catch and release program. Correct?

Set it free, and if it comes back...

RedHotPoker

Wear long pants. Spray some Woods or something on your socks and pants and arms to keep the deer ticks away. Good luck

Auto land. Stupidest thing I have done since my teens. Good news is... Recovered! Bad is, broken. Took 2 minutes to find on the forest floor. Shell damage is all I know until I get home. Rather a little repair than 70 feet up in a tree I think??

Auto land. Stupidest thing I have done since my teens.

I know how hard it can be when a flight is going well and you want to extract every last minute out of the battery. I have my warning set at 30% with the emergency level set for 15% but I've instituted a personal requirement to always have it landed by 20%.

So now the questions start right. Anyone had a shell replaced recently by a shop or DJI that can give me ball park on cost. Camera appears ok, one mount broke though. Had zip ties on 2 of 4, thinking that saved it! One arm bent enough to not get the prop off so no test startup yet. Battery was 1/4 out but no damage. Pictures as soon as I get on my PC.

I know how hard it can be when a flight is going well and you want to extract every last minute out of the battery. I have my warning set at 30% with the emergency level set for 15% but I've instituted a personal requirement to always have it landed by 20%.

That was the plan, however got caught up enjoying the show. No excuses, still sick over my mistakes.

Got the props off and it started up with NO errors. Noticed the camera is now slightly tilted. Did not perform any calibrations yet. Will wait to see any responses for costs before taking the shell apart myself.

Looking for recommendations on new motors. 2 props had signs of grinding against trees and dirt. Thinking I should do it while birds apart and for piece of mind. All models seem priced the same, but which are best for the Advanced?

Looking for recommendations on new motors
Since you cannot mix the motors, you should use the motors that are already installed on your Phantom (2312 or 2312A). If you have 2312 motors now and want to upgrade to 2312A, you'll need to change all of the motors and install the V2 center board.

Since you cannot mix the motors, you should use the motors that are already installed on your Phantom (2312 or 2312A). If you have 2312 motors now and want to upgrade to 2312A, you'll need to change all of the motors and install the V2 center board.
Thanks for the info as always! Can't swing all parts needed for the repair und upgrade now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20