wish i had prop guards!!

Reaction score
bounced my phantom up against the local wharf ..... and plop! into the sea. fished it out real quick but battery was non responsive (showing a light). i have washed the phantom and its now in a bucket of rice but dont hold my chances of it ever flying again. if i had prop guards it would have bounced off the wall (wasnt flying too fast) and then i would have altered the control on it. i was going to purchase some of these prop guards but read some forums all based on extra weight and not much good in trees. but i think in my case, it may have saved the day. hindsight ...... such a lovely thought

Reactions: Reed L
gutted for you. dont think electrics and sea water go very well together but hopefully you can save it.

i have just ordered some prop guards, not sure what good they will be as i fly mainly in large open areas with very little to hit but you never know

I use the snap-on, snap-off kind. the weights that the mounts add is negligible. To date I only needed the prop guards once.

Yes. I have ordered a set of snap on prop guards but now need to save some cash for another phantom as i dont think my current one (still submerged in rice) will come good. Before i try it, ive got to purchased the special tool that unscrews it apart so i can empty all of the rice out of it. Cheers

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj