Wiring Two (2) batteries Together - More Battery Time

Reaction score
Hi All,

I know the P2V is using smart battery tech, but there must be a way to wire two (2) batteries together. There are a lot of knowledgeable individuals on this form in electricity; hopefully someone will figure it out. Is there some type of circuit board wired in series with a relay that can automatically transfer the 11.1 volts over the P2V; without losing electrical conectivity.

Then there is the additional two (2) connectors for the smart battery tech that would have to be incorporated into the design. Hypothetically, you wired the two batteries in series, would that increase the amperage? This would be great to figure out since some people are flying long distance flights.

Any thoughts>>>>?

Batteries in SERIES will result in ADDED voltage. Example: Two 12V car batteries wired in series will result in 24V across the circuit.

Batteries in PARALLEL will result in ADDED amperage. Example: When you jumpstart a regular 12V car battery, you are actually hooking them up in parallel, thus adding more amperage to the circuit.

Not YELLING, just emphasizing. : D

That said, I'm not sure where one would carry a second battery. You might hit a point of diminishing return by adding the extra weight. It may not give you that much more airtime per flight. <shrug>

Also, I don't know what the data link or protocols (if any) is between the battery and the main processor.

If you need more airtime, it may be time to look into a hex or an octo-rotor.

Hi All,

My professor has a doctorate in Math. I hope you can comprehend the level of expertise he has with wiring circuits. He is inform me tonight that it can be done. He's going to draw up plans for me to share and try out. Something called a bridge circuit with directional diodes and more stuff he hasn't explained yet.

I'll keep you posted. Dont make excuses, figure out how to accomplish your goal; that's what this forums about.

Reactions: camilleface
I think the major problem is the weight. Once you double a battery of that size, you won't have be able to lift anything else. No FPV, no GoPros, and the craft will not be speedy\agile anymore.

What practical use will that serve?

The way I see it is once somebody hacks up their smart battery, they might set up a system where a 3rd party battery plugs into the smart PCB of the battery (via 11.1v and the balance plug!). Then it's just a case of finding what combination of 2x 2700+Mah batteries reach the flying limit, remembering the v1 can flying (not well) with 2 2200mah batteries hanging on the sides, and the v2 has better props.

I know this is an old old thread and I believe this has been done with the p2v... my question is, can it be done with the Phantom 4, because that bird can certainly handle the weight without much loss in air time. Can you imagine; a world where I can fly my phantom 4 with boosted itelite maxxrange for not a mere 7-12 minutes longer but for 25 minutes longer, in essence for at least a 50 minute flight!!! Can it be done?! I know fpv and uavmaxx sell similar battery mods but if the p4 could be modded to carry two DJI batteries, how heavenly!!!!

Sent from my SM-G935T using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4