wiring confussion

Reaction score
I need help. I put the top shell on backwards when reassembling and I noticed it today. I had the direction for the prop markings lined up right thank goodness because it flew and didn't bug out. An additional point is the wire in the picture (green circle) might have been plugged into the wrong place on the Naza unit. When I turned the shell around to fit correctly the set of wires becomes pretty taut to get it plugged into the place that I thought it went. Don't remember during disassembly this being a stretch. Can anyone direct me to the connection point where it needs to go. Had it plugged into the naza U, X1, X2 and X3 horizontal position under the EXP marking. (looked at the website wiring diagram and I'm still not sure)

8707625853_ed02b5301f_b.jpg

Thanks for the reply back. I thought I had it right but I was second guessing myself this evening.

funny,. I did the exact same thing when I had to swap out from my bad shell to a new shell, and I could have sworn I was cautious when I did so,. until it came time to put the red stickers back on!@#
fortunately when rotated 180 degrees the prop direction remains the same.

I falsely assumed that I still had installed everything else just fine, so I kept on flying.. figured I'd swap it back around the next time I opened it up.
and when I did, I realized that all that time, my GPS was also flipped 180 degrees! - but it still few perfectly fine!
(I guess the GPS is not really directional or something?).

Gizmo3000 said:
funny,. I did the exact same thing when I had to swap out from my bad shell to a new shell, and I could have sworn I was cautious when I did so,. until it came time to put the red stickers back on!@#
fortunately when rotated 180 degrees the prop direction remains the same.

I falsely assumed that I still had installed everything else just fine, so I kept on flying.. figured I'd swap it back around the next time I opened it up.
and when I did, I realized that all that time, my GPS was also flipped 180 degrees! - but it still few perfectly fine!
(I guess the GPS is not really directional or something?).

GPS mode is not really all that fussy about direction of the craft. all it cares about is what is home point coordinates and where is current craft coordinates. now if you had switched over to ATTI, CL or HL mode, then you would deffinitely notice something strange since your craft's direction is 180 degrees off :shock:

Gizmo3000 and auck, that is exactly what happened to me. I went to put my red stickers back on and noticed that the bottom didn't have the continued impression for the stickers. I was hoping that this in some way was hindering my flying ability because when I'm flying out in a field I feel pretty confident doing aggressive low altitude manuvers and if there was anything more beneficial that could be added then I'd be approaching ACE status to a degree. You know I did at one flying session use the CL mode while the shell was reversed to see if I get it to come back to me no matter what direction it was pointed and it did manage to come back my direction with a pull back on the stick. I almost always try to fly in GPS mode (don't like when it continually drifts with the wind) but many times stay in ATTI with no smart orientation selection just because I fly in areas around/under trees and in between buildings. I'm trying to get super accustomed/comfortable flying close to buildings and in confined areas around structures which is a challenge. I get shaky as well when I fly over water just for the fact that its usually not the kind of water you want to go swimming in. For the last three months here in Dallas it's been nothing but windy 10 to 20mph. Even in GPS mode the Phantom gets blown all over the place where in a split second this craft can get pushed into a tree, wall, railing or overhang. It pulls at my heart to smash the props into still objects and then see it fall. I don't like balancing props because I'm not that good at it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl