Wireless charging pad for dji would help?

Reaction score
Ola pilots,

I started working with few crazy friends on a wireless charging pad for drones. Today our startup is called Skysene Last year we shipped the first units and most our pilot customers are corporations. Since we started with the dream of fully autonomous drones, I'm curious to see if we could spin off a consumer version of our existing product.

What do you think?
If would you use it ? How would you use it?

Have a fun flight

Reactions: rene van der meer
Ola pilots,

I started working with few crazy friends on a wireless charging pad for drones. Today our startup is called Skysene Last year we shipped the first units and most our pilot customers are corporations. Since we started with the dream of fully autonomous drones, I'm curious to see if we could spin off a consumer version of our existing product.

What do you think?

Have a fun flight
I would be worried about adding additional weight to our already heavy and time limited Phantoms. I personally don't mind unplugging and charging but I can see the convenience for a business.

Ola pilots,

What do you think?

Have a fun flight
Simi21, Ola to you too ;)
I have a wireless pad for my Samsung S6 edge. I use it every night. This is very convenient.
For a drone you have to switch batteries anyway. A charging pad that charges inside the AC does not seem to make sense.
However, a charge pad that charges several smart batteries at once would be very nice. I do not know whether it is practical due to the large charge currents.
If wireless is significantly more expensive or if it takes much longer charging I would rather stick with a wired charger.

Thank you for your replies!

I would be worried about adding additional weight to our already heavy and time limited Phantoms. I personally don't mind unplugging and charging but I can see the convenience for a business.

The kit that we developed for 3DR is fairly light. Nevertheless i got your point. Thank you.

Simi21, Ola to you too ;)
I have a wireless pad for my Samsung S6 edge. I use it every night. This is very convenient.
For a drone you have to switch batteries anyway. A charging pad that charges inside the AC does not seem to make sense.
However, a charge pad that charges several smart batteries at once would be very nice. I do not know whether it is practical due to the large charge currents.
If wireless is significantly more expensive or if it takes much longer charging I would rather stick with a wired charger.

Well the point is that you won't unplug the battery for the drone anymore. As the drones land it starts recharging.

Can i ask you what are the different use cases and scenarios for you to fly?

Thank you for your replies!

The kit that we developed for 3DR is fairly light. Nevertheless i got your point. Thank you.

Well the point is that you won't unplug the battery for the drone anymore. As the drones land it starts recharging.

Can i ask you what are the different use cases and scenarios for you to fly?

Simo21,
Since one battery has only a flight time of about 20 minutes most of us use several batteries and replace them during a flight.
Charging inside the drone does not make sense. Also wireless charging requires a short distance to the coil and has a lower efficiency.
After a flight we need to charge all the batteries. Keep in mind that the batteries already are quite expensive. I do not know how much wireless charging will cost or add to the weight of the battery.
But I would rather invest in a cheap wired charger that allows me to charge all batteries at the same time.

Wireless charging pad is something that I would buy in a heartbeat. I wouldn't mind how slow the charging station was.

I have many ideas that involve full autonomy. None of these ideas can be fully realised while manual intervention is still required to change batteries.

I think a wireless charging pad for phantoms would lead to some great innovation - Especially as the DJI technology improves over time with collision avoidance..etc, bring able to program a 24/7 fully autonomous drone system on a consumer product is a programmers dream.

.... especially if you make a solar charging pad too :)

Reactions: simo21
Can't see much of a market. Most people use multiple batteries rather than waiting hours (wireless charging) to fly again. It takes 20 seconds to remove one battery and put in another. Wireless charging still requires a charging pad to be plugged in.

We have in mind something like this
celery.jpg

Wireless charging pad is something that I would buy in a heartbeat. I wouldn't mind how slow the charging station was.

I have many ideas that involve full autonomy. None of these ideas can be fully realised while manual intervention is still required to change batteries.

I think a wireless charging pad for phantoms would lead to some great innovation - Especially as the DJI technology improves over time with collision avoidance..etc, bring able to program a 24/7 fully autonomous drone system on a consumer product is a programmers dream.

.... especially if you make a solar charging pad too :)

)

Sounds great, what would you use it for? :D

Ola pilots,

What do you think?

Have a fun flight
I have customers that always complain about human intervention when charging Drones, I think it´s a great idea!!

You can try eseekgo wireless charging pad, which can charge fully within 2 hours. I am using it and feel well. High compatibility and perfect design, you will fall in love with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.