Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Wire broke from compass on leg

Discussion in 'Phantom FC40 Discussion' started by crash and burn 44, Jul 6, 2015.

1. crash and burn 44

Hello...was flying yesterday and landed too hard and ripped the leg and wires off to the compass....is this easily replacable...

2. sherpa

Welcome to party! Did you tear the bushings out of the shell? is the cable or compass damaged? Send pictures!

3. crash and burn 44

No...the wires are still in the shell but ripped from the compass...I am wondering if I can just replace the 5 strand cable if it is plug and play on each end...I realize I would have to break the drone in half but didn't want to if this wasn't an option...maybe replace compass also...next question...when I was flying the light was solid green...should.nt it have been flashing green for GPS lock?...new at all this

4. snerd

Aircraft status indicators are on page 11 of the manual, but I don't see one for a solid green.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

5. crash and burn 44

didn,t see that either

6. sherpa

You know that cable plugs in right? is it damaged? How are you going to reattach the leg? don't be afraid of splitting the shell it's no big deal. Just be careful separating the halves the compass cable is in the top half

7. N017RW