WIP Phantom 2 PCBs, Schematics and Info

Finally i replaced the burnt component with 1.0uh inductor. The FC200 camera is working, but still has some issues. The the wifi connection disconnect after successful binding. :(

Attachments

• 12476659_399928486884063_868682608_o.jpg
    12476659_399928486884063_868682608_o.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 743
  • 12509967_399928473550731_1899603348_o.jpg
    12509967_399928473550731_1899603348_o.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 647
  • 12494461_399928446884067_726630567_o.jpg
    12494461_399928446884067_726630567_o.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 824
Heya guys,

Thanks to this topic i fixed a Esc problem but that ones fixed and now a other problem raised...

my front LED do not lighten up red after i start the drone....

does anyone know this problem or can anyone tell me where the signal from the LED comes from ?
is it the same cable that comes from the M1-M4 ports on the phantom FC or is it the LED Port that goes down with a cable to the USB Section.

Hopefully you know it !

Greetings,

Robin

The very first post in this thread has a schematic for the P2 Main & ESC PCBs.

At the bottom of the post is a link to higher-res print (if the link is still valid).

It originates on the main PCB as a PWM signal, a driver on the ESC decodes and illuminates the proper segments for the intended color and duration.

Heya guys,

Thanks to this topic i fixed a Esc problem but that ones fixed and now a other problem raised...

my front LED do not lighten up red after i start the drone....

does anyone know this problem or can anyone tell me where the signal from the LED comes from ?
is it the same cable that comes from the M1-M4 ports on the phantom FC or is it the LED Port that goes down with a cable to the USB Section.

Hopefully you know it !

Greetings,

Robin

Robin do you mean after you turn the power on that front LED out like in this video.
The front LED's will stay off once it has gone through its startup sequence un till you spin up the motors those LED's will turn on.

Hi Guys!

I am working hard to bring one phantom 2 to life after a crack on the middle of the PCB. The crack was clean, and at first I discovered a short between 12v and ground due to it. I cleaned that, and thatnks to the great contribution of RDCF550 I managed to follow almost every path. However I am stuck with the 5V one. I measure continuity between ground and 5V. I removed the MIC3975 thinking that it could be a potential suspect with no luck. L1 was removed during the impact.
I can confirm that there are at least 4 layers, and the middle ones follow partially the same drawing as the external ones for GND (12v).
I have two questions:
Which is the component providing 5V??
RDCF550 on your drawing I see 6 times refferences to 5V, but no source of it... Is this just a measurement or there is a component transforming the 12v into 5V?
Does anybody have further info that could help me?

Thanks a lot!

If you have or d-load the schematic found in the first post of this thread you'll be able locate the dc-dc converter.

Reactions: Battlestars3l4
Hi! Thanks N017RW for your reply! I found the 3.3V DC DC converter, U6, but not the 5.5v one.. is it U5? all the rest are using the 5V as inputs if I am not wrong..

Yes. U5 is my estimation.

Thank you so much!

I have checked all the pins and I see no shortcut between ground and the output of that one (which is not directly 5V) So it looks to me that:

Either one component from ground to 5V is grounded,
Either I am not measuring correctly
Either there is no problem and I am just freaking out..

Thanks a lot!

what exactly is the resistance in ohms?

if indeed 4 layer board that has crack and now 0-2 ohms 5v to grnd, likely internal trace at crack touching ground plane on next layer...

Hi!
Both commnets are really helpful and appreciated!
I will check the resistance, but I presume that it was 0 ohms if I remember well.
And jarance, indeed, I see that the main issue with the voltage could also be the fact that L1 is not present. I will receive a replacement this week.
In the meantime I will figure out if I am able to discover the path of the 5V... Which looks to me like a whole new layer (5th one in between the two 12V ones:
layer one has a big X (or K) visible on top to provide ground to ESC
layer two should follow a similar path to provide 12V to ESCs
layer three would be the same
layer four again a visible X to provide ground to ESC.
So since the 5 V would go from the MP2482 to the FAN net, it should cross the ESC paths, with those X paths... lets see!

Thanks!

Hi!
Both commnets are really helpful and appreciated!
I will check the resistance, but I presume that it was 0 ohms if I remember well.
And jarance, indeed, I see that the main issue with the voltage could also be the fact that L1 is not present. I will receive a replacement this week.
In the meantime I will figure out if I am able to discover the path of the 5V... Which looks to me like a whole new layer (5th one in between the two 12V ones:
layer one has a big X (or K) visible on top to provide ground to ESC
layer two should follow a similar path to provide 12V to ESCs
layer three would be the same
layer four again a visible X to provide ground to ESC.
So since the 5 V would go from the MP2482 to the FAN net, it should cross the ESC paths, with those X paths... lets see!

Thanks!

You know of course that is a two sided board.

You know of course that is a two sided board.

It is at least a 4 layers board.... I can attach some pictures later if needed, but below the top and bottom layers there are another two ones... at least, and I think that there might be a 5th one...

It is at least a 4 layers board.... I can attach some pictures later if needed, but below the top and bottom layers there are another two ones... at least, and I think that there might be a 5th one...

So why not just replace the board??

Well, I have this need of bringing back to life broken items, and I found this as a nice challenge ;). On top of that I can learn a lot from it, and eventually bring some relevant info to the forum!

I know how that goes did it for more then 20 years but I had accurate schematics to work with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20