Winter storage

Reaction score
I recently bought a P3P and live in the North East and the weather is already in the zone of which DJI recommends you don't fly. I would like to know what's the best course of action for storage of 2 batteries and RC. I would like to confirm as well that there is nothing that has to be done to the AC. I work a lot and along with the bad weather I have a virgin bird in a case in my house, am so upset that I have not taken it out yet, but hope it will be worth the wait. All your comments will be appreciated, lots of knowledgeable people on this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

P3 will take care of battery discharging. You should only check monthly if charge is low say to 30%, charge it back to 50-60%. That's all.

Reactions: hotashes
I recently bought a P3P and live in the North East and the weather is already in the zone of which DJI recommends you don't fly. I would like to know what's the best course of action for storage of 2 batteries and RC. I would like to confirm as well that there is nothing that has to be done to the AC. I work a lot and along with the bad weather I have a virgin bird in a case in my house, am so upset that I have not taken it out yet, but hope it will be worth the wait. All your comments will be appreciated, lots of knowledgeable people on this forum.

doesn't the controls have flight simulator on it? plug into computer and practice flying on the remotes battery till the snow melts.

Reactions: Teamfour

No need to put away for winter at all
only the battery temps at flight time matter for most part.

Who flys in the winter?

Flew here yesterday, about - 6 cillyness, as Kevinusma says- my bloody fingers are freezing!
on way back, ran into a serious snow squall, snowing so hard, no monitor, signal cutting in & out, is she still in the air, I just kept controls right where I had em last time I saw bird, is that motors I hear? couldn't see bird until about 20' away.
Lens was caked in snow, can't be good for my P3A,
I was thinking, if I fly in weather again, maybe tape off the air vents, at least the upper ones. I;m assuming they are for cooling, but, in below zero weather, may not hurt to stop snow/rain/water getting inside?

Thanks for all the answers and insight people.Much appreciated. Maybe I will be bold enough to take out my virgin bird for its maiden voyage in the cold weather after all.

doesn't the controls have flight simulator on it? plug into computer and practice flying on the remotes battery till the snow melts.

Don't you have to have the bird powered up and linked to the Go app for the sim to work?

Took the P4 out for a night flight in the snow... 15 degrees F, light winds, but snowing heavily off and on..

The phantom performed flawlessly and arrived relatively dry. I assume 4 blades buzzing along tend to blow any snow away from it. The remote needed a bit of drying off after we finished though. Normally I would turn off the front lights for night flying, but considering the circumstances it made it much easier to see...

nightsnow.png

Reactions: Laar

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20