Winged over.

Reaction score
So this afternoon I was flying in atti mode. I was at full forward speed and began to yaw the aircraft to the left and transition to a full right straffe. The drone snapped over on itself and began to tumble. Then it rapidly recovered and I brought it in for a landing.

Several questions.

One, is it possible that this maneuver caused an issue with prop wash / turbulence.

Two what else could this be?

And three how do I review the logs to see if any errors were reported.

So this afternoon I was flying in atti mode. I was at full forward speed and began to yaw the aircraft to the left and transition to a full right straffe. The drone snapped over on itself and began to tumble. Then it rapidly recovered and I brought it in for a landing.

Several questions.

One, is it possible that this maneuver caused an issue with prop wash / turbulence.

Two what else could this be?

And three how do I review the logs to see if any errors were reported.
1. Depending on what the wind was like at the time could also determine the effect on the quad. I've had similar experiences at speed when making direction changes, but not as wild as your experience. I made some adjustments to the yaw, brake sensitivities in the app advanced settings to make the controls less sensitive.
2. As above.
3. I have a healthy drones account and review my flights routinely to look for any warnings that have occurred. Mostly not even aware of them during the flight as my P4 seems to carry on regardless of some of my ham fisted inputs.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

http://healthydrones.com/main?share=QSkISs Its datapoint R, kinda toward the top. I will upload the clip in a few minutes to my youtube channel to show you guys.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I've had moments like those on your short clip, and the quad recovers quickly. There is nothing in your HD data that I could see that is out of the ordinary other than a slightly slower rudder response time, probably due to you giving it some speed and asking a bit much from your stick inputs during high speed turns etc.

Great, that is good to hear. This is my first phantom, so I have not figured out all of the ideosyncracies yet. This gave me a small heart attack. What is odd, is that the video stopped when this happened, however it is certainly likely that I bumped the switch by accident. I hear a beep in the video.

Great, that is good to hear. This is my first phantom, so I have not figured out all of the ideosyncracies yet. This gave me a small heart attack. What is odd, is that the video stopped when this happened, however it is certainly likely that I bumped the switch by accident. I hear a beep in the video.
The beep might be the give away, wait until your first long distance disconnect signal and the wait for RTH....childbirth has nothing on the nervous wait. I have the P4 and still learn bits and pieces each flight.

Reactions: DonJuanEstevan
Someone else claims this happened to them doing the exact same maneuver, in a similar situation. My assumption is that it simply got caught in its own wake, due to the maneuver. I will try it again somewhere safe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers