Windsurfers Feedback

Reaction score
I was wondering if some of you guys could link me where you specifically purchased your Windersurfers from.
Yes I know eBay etc.. However all over there seems to be a million sellers that sell them even outside eBay.
It does everyone good to know which sellers are selling reliable products.
Yes I know you can make these with cardboard etc. However since they are cheap to make some of us want the highest quality cheap stuff. I have noticed some have clips the top part of the antenna pop into, some have the top sliding through another cut out, and some don't attach to the top of the antenna at all.

Either way I appreciate any replies and links one can post..
Thanks for your time. :)

Reactions: dynamic3dSolutions
I have one from Taco RC. Nice sturdy aluminum with a case. I tested it with a handheld laser and it was the correct curve to bounce the laser beam back on to the antenna from any angle.
Been flying with it a couple of months and it made a huge difference in signal performance. I fly 80% of the time in urban areas with lots of other interference. The other 20% is in coastal areas.

There's an awful lot of information in threads about this very thing. As I say many times, dynamic3dsolutions.com has always been good for me.

Take a look here for The original Windsurfer you even get a free gift to use when not using the windsurfer.
Dynamic 3D Solutions
There's 3 styles to pick from as well.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442449470_464868.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442449500_117466.jpg
20150808_132555.jpg
20150809_105930.jpg

Attachments

• 20150605_182407.jpg
    20150605_182407.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 446
Reactions: J0ck0
Antennae should should be straight facing up parallel to the a/c s antennae.

I have both and I prefer the separate kind so I can slant them apart a bit. Not to the extreme, but some separation. It hasn't failed me yet. But neither did the one piece. Choice is yours.

Ebay...... Perltrading is the seller. One piece, dual aluminum windsurfer with nice case.

12571 ft. @150-170 ft altitude with no issues(ran into battery return home reserve setting) or I would have kept going.

For the Dynamic 3D Solutions Windsurfers, do you guys recommend the original, the V2 attached, or the V2 split version?

I'm going to be using it with a Phantom 3 Advanced.

Thanks!

They all work great. If you do a lot of spot to spot flying I would go with the full or full split quick easy on/off antenna mounted versions.
Also something to think about is if you use a case the split version may be a better fit then the full one piece.

How do D3DS's Windsurfers stack up against the competition? Are they better?

Thanks for that recommendation!

Yes, I primarily do spot to spot flying, nothing real fancy. The reason I wanted some additional signal strength and range is that I like to take video along a river (lots of wildlife to catch), and even though I maintain good LOS to the Phantom, I'd like to get some distance while keeping the confidence up.

I was kind of assuming I could go with the split version, and just orient them straight up together if needed, or split apart when appropriate. Unless there was something else the split does that I should be aware of?

I notice the "original" version is still available as well. What are the changes from the original to the newer version (I'm assuming both the single and split new version are essentially the same except for the split)?

Paul

They all work great. If you do a lot of spot to spot flying I would go with the full or full split quick easy on/off antenna mounted versions.
Also something to think about is if you use a case the split version may be a better fit then the full one piece.

Thanks for that recommendation!

Yes, I primarily do spot to spot flying, nothing real fancy. The reason I wanted some additional signal strength and range is that I like to take video along a river (lots of wildlife to catch), and even though I maintain good LOS to the Phantom, I'd like to get some distance while keeping the confidence up.

I was kind of assuming I could go with the split version, and just orient them straight up together if needed, or split apart when appropriate. Unless there was something else the split does that I should be aware of?

I notice the "original" version is still available as well. What are the changes from the original to the newer version (I'm assuming both the single and split new version are essentially the same except for the split)?

Paul

Split vs full both preform great. Yes they are the same design one is just split. I made the split because people liked to use the "v" pattern when flying. I personally fly with the antennas straight up but use the split version as it fits better in my case. The original mounts differently then the others. It mounts on the controller more then the antenna's.

I never needed another Windsurfer so I cannot answer with a comparison. I can tell you Dave's customer attention and responsiveness is second to none. Great transaction. I know, I sound like eBay feedback.

Ordered one earlier. Excited to see how well it works. Back in the day, we didn't have this fancy smancy stuff. It was all visual and "HEY! Not too far!" from my step father! No boosters of any sort. Not that it would've mattered. After a few hundred yards..you're toast anyway. Cameras mounted on fixed winged models would have been the bomb. Makes me wonder how I never crashed more planes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20