Windsurfer

Reaction score
Is the windsurfer a waste of 8 bucks??

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've heard the range is improved but you have to point the windsurfer at the bird because it increases range by focusing the signal, for this reason I'm not going to bother with it, I'm going to wait until my warranty is finished and then put an ITE or Argtek kit on it.

If you paid 8. You paid too much. Have to ask yourself. Will you go so far every flight or even sometimes. Then it is worth it. Sometimes even when you are flying close. There are more things you want to see. So you need some distance. If it helps. Then it's worth it.

It's not so much giving you better distance but a winder band so a better connection you might get 50 to 80 meters but that's about it definitely better than not having one tho

Reactions: LK8472
If you don't want to waste 8 bucks, you can try building your own:

I made my own using this template. Works like a charm. I don't push my Standard beyond the 1km distance, but at that range, 0% loss of signal, 0% loss of video. Definitely helps. Be careful, it does bend a bit if mishandled. Total cost ~$1.50 I had to buy only a glue stick to make it.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I used the windsurfer template mentioned here and got almost 2km yesterday. The weather was excellent and I flew straight out over water. Def with giving them a shot considering it's just paper, aluminum foil and glue!

Reactions: twisted1504
Oh nice. Will make my own today. Thanks guys!

Windsurfers are great. I have been designing & using them since i got my phantom 1. Here are some pictures that show some test with my windsurfers. I have gone over 3 miles with mine. Here is a link to the windsurfers tested in the pictures.
Dynamic 3D Solutions

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442449470_464868.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442449500_117466.jpg
Returning with full signal stregth.jpg
20150808_132533.jpg

I'm realizing now that I had to make my own because all the ones I found for P3 are for the Advanced and Pro models. Anyone know of well tested and made windsurfers for a Standard antenna?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

look on ebay lots of them/Shaluoman Antenna Range Booster Signal Amplifier Windsurfer for Phantom 3S/Phantom 2 Transmitter on amazon
51ms8deWYnL._SL1000_.jpg

Reactions: Tony Cowan
P3P......I previous had sporadic signal issues at a distance of over 1.25 kilometer.
I made some tin foil ones and got 10000 ft./3 kilometer, then I got the ebay Perltrading Windsurfer and ran out of battery @ 12571 ft./3.9 kilometers and going strong.

I'm going to get rid of mine just put on argtek so distance no problem

I received a windsurfer yesterday for my P3S. I flew with it late yesterday but was not in an area where I could test the distance. $4.97 on ebay Antenna Range Signal Booster Windsurfer For DJI Phantom 3S 2 Standard Controller
View attachment 44794
That's about what I paid for mine. However I've not used it yet. I got 7400ft without a windsurfer. I wonder if I can get 10k with it. Over water of course. This argtek. I'm interested only if it can fit in my hard case. Anyone has a pic of one that is installed?

here you go tony
2016-02-23 17.49.27.jpg

yeah took all of 15 minutes and thanks to you got the right tablet mount

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20