Windsurfer

Reaction score
Flying around on our property, flat, covered with trees, I lost a few times connection when the P3A was out of sight. 2x 1,5 sec one time 3 sec. Will a windsurfer type of antenna booster give me a better coverage through the trees or is it mainly to extend the flying distance with LOS? And do you have to aim the rc better to the Phantom then without?

Generally, you shouldn't allow any obstacles to block the signal. The windsurfer is more directional and it will boost the signal. That means it should also make the signal stronger when it's blocked by trees (if you must). How much stronger really depends on the density of the trees.

Generally, you shouldn't allow any obstacles to block the signal. The windsurfer is more directional and it will boost the signal. That means it should also make the signal stronger when it's blocked by trees (if you must). How much stronger really depends on the density of the trees.
Is there any one Windsurfer you would support over another or are they all the same?

I think an antenna mod with amps is the way to go for best results. But I fly exclusively with windsurfers and I haven't had any problems yet and I've put them through some out of sight moments without loss of video feed. But generally no matter what, you need to increase height if you're dealing with tree lines blocking you as you fly the bird further out. Without question, it's better not to get into that situation and avoid potential trouble. Better to avoid the risk altogether than to try to overcome it with any kind of mod.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20