Windsurfer

There are many different versions (and developers). Which one are you looking to buy?

I think David W was the first to post a 3D printed version on this forum, though I could be wrong:

Dynamic 3D Solutions

A parabola is a parabola, no secret sauce here.

Anybody can produce a correct part, anybody can produce garbage.

EDIT: No disresepct to Dave W. BTW.

Last edited:
Reactions: dynamic3dSolutions
I fly with a few other P3 pilots (collectively known as the Phantom Menace) all using David's antenna booster. 15K' flights are common place.

You'll like it.

:harry

I bought one from Dynamic 3D Solutions. I think also its the original. Waiting its arrivel. I am really exited. I manly fly over water so must be fantastic.
There are 3 different versions of David's windsurfers. Which one did you order? The largest one piece original version is hard to put on and take off, and is very directional, so you don't want to put it on until you actually need it. While putting it on during flight, you will likely lose signal for long enough to have the aircraft start RTH, because the antenna must be straight out to install it. Same with removing it for landing. In retrospect, I wish I had bought one of the other two versions that can be installed without flattening the antennas. Mine also required some dremmel shaving to fit, as it would not snap onto the antennas because it wasn't properly cut to fit.

I fly with a few other P3 pilots (collectively known as the Phantom Menace) all using David's antenna booster. 15K' flights are common place.

You'll like it.

:harry
I get that with my stock unmodded P3P without a windsurfer, but focussing the antenna signal with a windsurfer certainly improves the reliabilty, and probably adds a bit of extra range. Once you get out that far, though, battery capacity becomes more important than signal strength. You still need to make it back home, unless you "hot air balloon it" with a chase crew following behind to catch it!:cool:

A parabola is a parabola, no secret sauce here.

Anybody can produce a correct part, anybody can produce garbage.

EDIT: No disresepct to Dave W. BTW.
I now, but what I hope is dat my signal strenght is getting better also when I am closer to the RC. Mostley in urban aria i loose my signal within one mile.I am wondering if I can fly a little bit further so I can spy on my girlfriend ;)

I now, but what I hope is dat my signal strenght is getting better also when I am closer to the RC. Mostley in urban aria i loose my signal within one mile.I am wondering if I can fly a little bit further so I can spy on my girlfriend ;)
You can always try getting a little closer to your GF...:D

Reactions: Trackman1
Personally, I prefer the two piece version of David's windsurfer since it's much easier to fit in my P3's backpack.
The two piece version is also much easier to install and remove.
Anyone know which of the two antennas is for the transmitter, and which is for the Lightbridge FPV?

I'm trying to find the original windsurfer site to buy from rather than the eBay knockoffs. Anyone have a link? I'd rather support the developer.
I would think they are pretty similar, but I can vouch for David's Windsurfers. They fit well(not always the case with the eBay generic ones), arrived quickly, and I would rather pay a little extra and support a real guy with a name etc. I've got the smaller 'joined together' one piece ones. I quite like the fact that they don't totally cover the antennas, so (while I could be wrong and it's all psychological) I get the best of both worlds. ie I get a bit of the doughnut omni directional effect as well as the more focused and directional signal from the windsurfer. Tested (but not extensively) and in the same conditions and same place I get at least an extra km, and probably a lot more but I run out of bottle and common sense takes over.

Last edited:
i have the aluminium version, very good fit and works a treat..

Reactions: D4T_PoM
I'm trying to find the original windsurfer site to buy from rather than the eBay knockoffs. Anyone have a link? I'd rather support the developer.

Ok this site is getting ridiculous. They removed my earlier comment because i offered the link to the windsurfer you were looking for. WTF how is anyone going to find what they need if no one can give an answer. dynamic3dsoulations is the place for the original 3d printed windsurfers your looking for.

Reactions: Trackman1

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub