Windsurf Antenna Copper or Aluminum Foil tape

I suppose it would help keep the batteries warm....

lol, who needs gloves when flying in winter?

I just ordered a copper one from ebay. For $4. and free shipping, not much to lose other than 4wks waiting for delivery.

My aluminum one from China just came today., got the copper ones a few weeks ago and they seem to help when flying at my house (got 5000feet) So now as soon as I can I try each one and see if I can find any difference.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Tnx! I never knew one good buy so cheap. I too will buy and try!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I would assume that these signal boosters make the signal even more "directional". So making sure the phantom is straight out in front of you would be important. If the bird is behind you you could lose contact more easily. Is that a correct assumption?

I would assume that these signal boosters make the signal even more "directional". So making sure the phantom is straight out in front of you would be important. If the bird is behind you you could lose contact more easily. Is that a correct assumption?

That's what I've read. Makes sense. Heck, you could probably make one out of a Pringles potato chip can cut in half. :)

Reactions: Doink
That's what I've read. Makes sense. Heck, you could probably make one out of a Pringles potato chip can cut in half. :)

My thoughts precisely on the pringles tube, I already have pair of separate copper ones and a folding clamshell silver aluminum set, same spot, same flight path, within 10min of each other the copper ones gave 1000ft more distance

Reactions: Trinimon
No doubt any reflector could be beneficial. This is the source of [all] antenna gain... beam shaping or directivity.

If properly designed, a 'windsurfer' makes use of the focal point of a parabola making the reflector much more effective but in so doing does require more attention to aiming.

This is synonymous to cupping your hands behind your ears to listen and around your mouth to 'project'.

Reactions: yorlik and Trinimon

100% correct. There is no FM here. Reflectors gain distance by directing ALL the available signal in a single direction instead of spread around 360 degrees.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
I had a DAH moment... So I spent the $ 3 and waited my month for this P2 reflelctor from China... When I got it, it hit me: why did I bother?? It only helps the RC controller, not the FPV signal! I cannot imagine trying to go further than my 1000ft or so limit on FPV, so why did I spend this $3?? DAH...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj