Windows movie maker quality issue??

Reaction score
The original files that I take from my camera is much larger than the video windows movie maker spits out to me after I edit the video with music, etc...Now with the videos that I shot at 25 FPS...the output file that WMM created seems to be ok in quality, but when I imported my 60 FPS test to see how it would process it and save it, it created a 1 GB file where as the original was over 3 GB. I watched the new file it created and it is not as good as the original. Not even close. I have tried everything I can think of to get windows movie maker to not compress the video I input, but I think that is the way it is setup is to compress the original file into some form of MP4 H264 encoding or something. Do you have any knowledge of this or a program I can use to edit my videos without it degrading my videos when I add music or whatever and process it through the video editing program? thanks for any info you can provide

WMM is ancient. No one uses it unless they really have to. All rendering programs will recompress the data but if you use a real video editor you can at least gain control over the compression parameters.

You can rent Adobe Premiere for the rest of your life or you can buy any of the many editing programs in the wild.

All editing programs will get the job done and all of them suck equally. just download their free demos (everyone but Adobe) and try them out.

Normally I use Premiere, but for just a quick dirty edit and upload to FB, I use Windows Movie Maker.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan