Windows live moviemaker doesn't work

Reaction score
I just got my Phantom 3 standard for Christmas and am absolutely amazed about how well it flies and the videos it takes but I've run into a couple problems.

First, windows media player won't play the video very well. I get 3/4 of the screen filled with green static. I downloaded a new player (VLC) and it works perfectly.

Second, when I try to use Windows Live Movie Maker, it loads the video but when I hit the play button, the progress bar moves along nicely but the screen remains black.

I read a post where someone with my same quad used windows Live Movie Maker and had great success. What am I doing wrong?

A couple of thoughts come to mind.

1 - you probably need a codec installed (VLC may have it baked into their program)
2 - you're using Windows Live Movie Maker which may indicate an aging machine but regardless, see above...you probably need a codec installed.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I was having the same issues with Windows Media Player Live. I read a thread that said to install Windows Essentials (which was free). I did that and it changed my Windows Media Player "Live" to just Windows Media Player. It works fine now.

I also installed VLC before Windows Essentials, and had the same results as you.

Thanks for the replies. I did download windows essentials and now the videos I download from the Phantom's camera play fine on my computer but when I upload them to youtube the same thing happens, that is two thirds of the screen is green static and the top third is jittery but recognizeable. No idea how to fix it. Why does it play perfectly until I upload it then gets all screwed up?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj