Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Windows 10 Technical Preview compatability issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spiritskeeper, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Spiritskeeper

I am beta testing the new Windows 10 Technical Preview. I love it. It may be a technical preview but it is stable and the GUI is a lot better than the failed Windows 8 attempt, for actual PC users anyway. I have gotten so used to using it that I forgot it is a TECHNICAL PREVIEW. I tried to update my firmware on the bird this morning and it would keep failing at 49%. I got the dreaded beep, beep, beep, beep and the assistant software would no longer recognize the phantom. I have a windows 7 disc but luckily my wife has a macbook air. It recognized my bird, updated the firmware without any problems.

Just a word of caution - DONT USE WINDOWS 10 (64 bit build 9926) to update firmware on the phantom. Everything else works, but firmware upgrade does not.

2. 4wd

4wd

Good tip, I just installed it on my laptop and so far quite impressed - use desktop on W7 for phantom stuff though

3. Martyn

I had a problem with the latest windows 10 too.This is the FREE Windows 10 that Microsoft rolled out to windows 7 and 8 users.
    It will not let me update firmware. Get message saying update failed. This was my first update. I will try on windows 7.

4. Mark The Droner

This is exactly why I didn't upgrade to win 10. Thank you.