Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Windows 10/Lollipop....Ultrabook...!!

Discussion in 'Standard/4k Discussion' started by MTR-Aerial, May 30, 2016.

1. MTR-Aerial

I saw a post about someone asking about his surface pro and running DJI GO App. Then someone said he was running Android on an old laptop. So I decided to give it a shot with my brand new i7,8gb,256ssd ultrabook(touchscreen) also I have the inspire one mount with my 3d printed extension... so the laptop folded into tablet mode fits! I just thought it was pretty neat running the app in 2k resolution. I know the standard feeds a compressed feed but I feel it looks better than other devices. Will I ever use it for real? Lmfao probably not. But I will give it a shot to see if it truly works. In the pictures below you can see it fully connected. Everything works... picture button/slide. It's neat... you don't need to scroll on any menu lol

Attached Files:

Squirrel! and flpholt like this.
  2. DroneDestination

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
    Definitely powerful enough to run DJI GO. For at least 10 different Phantoms at once lol

MTR-Aerial likes this.
  3. MTR-Aerial

lololol, just a lil ;)

4. mnewxcv

what android emulator were you using, and was it smooth video? While this isnt practical in the field, it would aid those who want to fly from their couch, hooking up a computer to the television

5. MTR-Aerial

Running a ground station out the window? I have yet to try it flying... I will give it a shot in the next day or two and report back. I don't think it will have any issues, its very responsive to the gimbal movement just as the ipad would

6. MTR-Aerial

Im using android x86 with grubs

7. mnewxcv

happen to have a link to the grub loader or a tutorial? I would love to set this up.

8. MTR-Aerial

I did it myself... you should be able to hop around android x86's website and find a nice tut. If I used one, I would pass it along :)