Wind speed and weather app

Reaction score
image.jpg image.jpg Because there was nothing newer in my search on wind, I'm posting a thread for those who are new here like myself. I saw the question of wind come up and found this to be an awesome app.
It's weather underground powered, so uses either the closest weather station connected, or a composer of all in your area.
Notice the awesome wind speed and direction area, and graph, I really like this app.
It's called STORM

Reactions: Reed L
That's a small window on its potential, the graph screen is scrollable and has more info, along with tons of features, besides the $2 for add free for a year.

I use the UAV Forcast site but still the best way to check is to go out and feel it. The app says no for here all day today but it's cold and sunny. You can set your temps and wind speeds, etc to your liking :)

UAV Forecast

I use uavforecast.com.

A few weeks ago I flew to a nearby cornfield. I was maybe 250 feet high but the cloud shadows were screamin' across the field. I timed it out later. The cloud shadows were moving from the west to east across the field at 45 mph. It was only like 7 mph on the ground and 10 mph at 300 feet. Point is, it's wise to have an idea what's going on at your flight altitude.

The app shows some great info on jet stream and ground speed, I didn't say it's the ONLY app to use, I said it's a great way to visualize what's going on

I agree, Storm is an excellent weather app with lots of useful localized information supplied by folks with local weather stations connected to Weather Underground. There are several of those kinds of stations within 5 miles of my rural location.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Sim597
Here is a neat little weather station that connects to your iOS or Android device. By using this you get accurate readings at your actual location as opposed to the nearest weather station. Of course this does not help with knowing the winds at altitude but it is a nice little unit.

Wind & Weather Meter

weather-meter.png

Just downloaded UAV Forecast brilliant app

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Started using Dark Sky and UAV Forecast. Between the two, get quite of lot of information.
I just noticed today, if you're at the online UAV Forecast site, it says "Powered by Dark Sky" at the bottom of the page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.