Wind maximums

Reaction score
What do most of you consider too windy to fire up the Phantom?

my parents live out in the county...and their backyard runs into a corn field.
fly there all the time...and im pretty sure ive flown with 20-30mph winds.
I do not recommend it....but in GPS mode it did surprisingly well.

should see how fast I got it moving when flying it with the wind =)

although....everyones max is going to be different....just depends on how comfortable you are.
would never fly it around a bunch of trees with any sort of wind....mostly because im just too paranoid =)

Pmcdn said:
What do most of you consider too windy to fire up the Phantom?

In open fields without any trees nearby I have flown in 15 to 20 MPH winds in GPS mode without any problem other than getting very cold! :lol:

Only do what you are comfortable with. I learned with RC Planes that just because someone else can doesn't mean I should. I just do what I feel comfortable with based on my own assessment of skill. Even then I try to assess conservatively. Fewer crashes and repairs that way!

Yes, very wise Techjunkie....that's the same opinion I have. It might be cool to risk your Phantom if you have anothe grand or two to burn, but playing it safe is best.

I will have to say, I would be very tense until I got used to the marvelously simple ease of flight with the numerous safety features of the Phantom.

I cant imagine a simpler Quad to fly! I particularly like the hover and remain in place when you let go of the controls! I live in a windy area and I had to get a 2d gimbal. My maiden flight with the P2G proved to be worth every penny. The video is so stable and the GPS was able to counter the wind without sacrificing good video!

I just saw a 2d gimbal for the P2V.....very cool, but wickedly priced out of the world $2600.00. I do like the total control of the P2V camera but not at that price. Hopefully DJI will produce a 2D Gimbal for the Vision.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj