Wind App

Reaction score
This app (Windy) ties directly into weather stations to show a more accurate reading of wind, plus gusting.

Super important - today Yahoo and other apps listed the wind at 11mph, whereas as you can see in the picture, winds were at 20mph, with gusts much higher.

a6b628afb1e8b3c3b7be8914b2deff1d.jpg

They could both be right. A lot depends on altitude.

They could both be right. A lot depends on altitude.

I flew once where the ground windspeed was fine, but at around 150' it was at around 28mph, with gusts higher. Barely made it home. Hence, I use this app every time. No idea where the various weather apps get their wind speed. This one identifies each source.

I flew once where the ground windspeed was fine, but at around 150' it was at around 28mph, with gusts higher. Barely made it home. Hence, I use this app every time. No idea where the various weather apps get their wind speed. This one identifies each source.
Identical experience here too. The AC was actually stationary coming home so I dropped altitude and was able to crawl back at 7-10mph.

Identical experience here too. The AC was actually stationary coming home so I dropped altitude and was able to crawl back at 7-10mph.

Whoa...yes. I remember it coming back from a distance...thinking, 'that's odd...seems to be taking a while.' Then I look at the screen, 'horizontal airspeed, 5mph'. Definately an 'oh ****' moment. I did the same, and did a zig zag pattern.

Reactions: Numone
almost lost my P3S due to wind last week , after I got it into RTH it just sat there and then went backwards with the wind , once I seen it was moving forward I pushed the stick forward and came back at speed , should have done that from the start !

almost lost my P3S due to wind last week , after I got it into RTH it just sat there and then went backwards with the wind , once I seen it was moving forward I pushed the stick forward and came back at speed , should have done that from the start !

:eek:

Glad you got it back!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj