Willing to pay for hands on traning

A

AnthonyMV

I'm located in Houston TX. I have the phantom dji 2 full package with gopro 3 and LCD screen. I want to master the phantom and know how to use it like a professional. Please contact me if any professional pilots are located in Houston TX. I'm willing to pay. Contact me via email [email protected] or Mobile 718.300.2988

Thank you

PS I know how to fly it but need help connecting LCD screen to GOPRO and etc...

Just start off with the basics. Go to a nice large field or park and try some simple maneuvers.
One of the first things you should do is invoke the return to home feature.
GPS on, home lock on. Get the bird out aways, then flip the controller power switch off.
Watch it do its thing by itself.

Hi Anthony,

It would be great if you could find a RC club in your area. I, too, had to 'roll my own' and learned by trial and errror. BUT, a multi-rotor drone, such as this one, has a much shorter learning curve than a true helicopter. By true, I mean without a second rotor.

But, the Phantom is a stable platform, while not crash proof, it CAN be flown by reading the manual. Buy some extra props, just in case. I prefer carbon fiber, balanced propellers. If you get into trouble, take your hands off of the sticks. Also, look into the manual and read the section about "return to home." That is a great feature to have at hand.

This drone can be intimidating and if you can find an experienced pilot, that is a big plus. BUT, you can do this on your own. If it comes to that, don't let it intimidate you! That is why they sell spare parts! Good luck!

Anthony,

I just noticed your p.s. about connecting your LCD screen to your GoPro. What kind of trouble are you having? For myself, I merely pressed it into place and it worked. You also have an extended waterproof backing that encompasses the LCD screen, for rain or diving.

As a SCUBA Instructor, I wish GoPro would provide a synched ouput for a flash. Even a base, that a floodlight that could mount on, for video would be helpful. They do offer a filter that is supposed to correct for color loss, but a flash or floodlight brings out brillant colors.

But, I think I'm way off topic! If you would like to PMSG me, I will do what I can to help.

Aan

If it's a case of being nervous about flying it, there's not a lot to it. You'll find all you need to know on You Tube. There's advice on your first few flights, calibrating your compass, GPS and what the light patterns mean, take off and landing, and setting up your Phantom in the Naza assistant as well as calibrating the controller and IMU as well as Fail Safe, Course Lock, and Home Lock.

As for using it like a pro, that's not something that anyone can really teach you - that's something that crosses over into film making. You really need to watch videos that people have made and decide what you want to achieve. Adobe have a series of videos that can help you out and again, You Tube and Vimeo have lots of good (and bad) videos you can watch.

http://tv.adobe.com/show/take-flight-in ... ive-cloud/

If you want to pay someone that's fine but once you have seen the sort of shots you want to make, producing professional looking work is really down to practice.

As for connecting your LCD, try the FPV section of this forum. There's bound to either be a thread on how to connect your brand of LCD or someone who knows how to do it willing to answer your questions.

Have you heard of the Hubsan X4? It's a micro quad. Costs about £30 ($40?) and is a great way to learn how to fly quads. Alternatively, look for the Syma X5C. It's like a baby Phantom and even has a camera. It's not FPV though. But still GREAT for learning and only about £40 ($50?)

If you were in So Cal I would hook up the FPV and train you just for the fun of it. I don't need the money, have the time and could always use some more fun.

Anthony,
I sent you a email. good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.