Will Zenmuse & Futaba receiver fit?

Reaction score
I've been watching youtube videos of people installing the PMU and all the necessary Zenmuse stuff into their Phantom and putting the lid back on seems like a tight squeeze.

I want to install the Zenmuse H2 gimbal for the GoPro as well as a Futaba receiver.. Is all this going to fit under the hood??

I'm a bit dubious.

-Frank

I imagine it's a lot to squeeze under the hood, but it's be a shame if it didn't fit.

I'm almost certain tho that it would work, or we would have heard someone complaining about it?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NTrNsP4pDA[/youtube]

Re: Will Zenmuse & Futaba receiver fit?

Yep, it sure does! The overall weight comes in at 1,078 kg without the battery. It's a bit tight and you have to make sure the cables don't get caught up in the housing or blocking a screw hole, but it does all fit!

Best regards,

-Todd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Very Nice Audaciter.

Whats with the carbon fibre plate there? I saw on the DJI website that they recommend some insulation and used that blue electrical tape..

Is insulating it a big deal? Should I bother?

-Frank

Very Nice Audaciter.

Whats with the carbon fibre plate there? I saw on the DJI website that they recommend some insulation and used that blue electrical tape..

Is insulating it a big deal? Should I bother?

Thanks,

The carbon fiber plate, was my solution to get more mounting area, when they came out with the PMU V2, as the main board
was no longer needed.
Then when they came out with the gimbal, and the GCU V1 was so big, and no matter how you try to arrange things, it looks
like hell.
So I thought, and thought, until whats left of my brain hurt, and I decided to cut slots into the carbon fiber so the modules
fit, and actually go into the space on either side of the battery.
If you look closely at the photo, you will notice the receiver looks much taller than the module next to it. That is because
the modules only stick through the plate about 3-4 mm.
It cleaned up the look, and functioned great as well.

Now that DJI is coming out with a new main board, that will clean things up, and do away with the modules, there would
be no reason to do anything this extreme.

To answer your question about insulation: Yes, it is very necessary. The power systems, if not insulated, could short
against the modules housings, and start a fire.
The interference from power systems, can cause other systems to malfunction as well, so it's best to keep them separated
as much as possible.

I learned the hard way. When I replaced my motors, I thought it would be nice for the wires to "lay" a certain way,
across the ESC's, so they wouldn't be in the way when putting the top shell on. :ugeek: Well, the ESC caught fire. :shock:
And I learned my lesson for the day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic