WILL TSA DENY MY APPLICATION FOR MY REMOTE PILOTS CERTIFICATE?

Reaction score
Hi all, i've been studying very hard to take my 107 knowledge test and really want to get my remote pilots certificate to start doing real-estate photography and videography.. the thing is.... I was pulled over and serving probation time for a reckless driving charge in the state of TN. Will the affect my application to TSA? I haven't had any tickets since the incident. I really want to start a business and now i feel kind of defeated.. I've studied so hard to take this test and know that i will pass. If anybody has any information on this please let me know! thanks.

I would be very surprised if TSA would bother about a single traffic ticket. Not the type of thing that would make you a security risk. Keep studying and good luck.

I would highly doubt it. If it wasn't a felony charge I think you will be ok. I've seen guys in NY get approval from the state for CCW permits with worse backgrounds. Go for it

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hi all, i've been studying very hard to take my 107 knowledge test and really want to get my remote pilots certificate to start doing real-estate photography and videography.. the thing is.... I was pulled over and serving probation time for a reckless driving charge in the state of TN. Will the affect my application to TSA? I haven't had any tickets since the incident. I really want to start a business and now i feel kind of defeated.. I've studied so hard to take this test and know that i will pass. If anybody has any information on this please let me know! thanks.

I doubt it will cause any issues. If you have $100 extra to spend, apply for a TSA PRE or Global Access if you fly on airlines much. You get fingerprinted and an instant background check by TSA during the interview. Just be honest and have certified copies of any count papers involved. May give you a clear state of mind going forward.

For clarification, the FAA (not TSA) is the regulating agency. A traffic violation won't be considered or noticed. There's no reason to feel defeated or discouraged, keep going!

Okay, if I am denied will I be able to apply again?.. Thanks much guys

For clarification, the FAA (not TSA) is the regulating agency. A traffic violation won't be considered or noticed. There's no reason to feel defeated or discouraged, keep going!

Thanks for clarification but reckless driving isn't just a traffic violation it is a misdemeanor:/

I would highly doubt it. If it wasn't a felony charge I think you will be ok. I've seen guys in NY get approval from the state for CCW permits with worse backgrounds. Go for it

What kind of backgrounds?

• Also just a little more jnformatikn. The reckless driving charge was reduced from DUI, but I don't think the DUI shows on my record.. Just reckless driving charge.. Maybe I'm wrong?

What kind of backgrounds?

The kind where the guys were really questioning if they would get it. If yours is a one time thing and not a pattern I think you will be fine. I don't think it matters what the original charge was as you were not convicted of that. I'm not a lawyer but I would say you should be fine.

Yes, but TSA does the background checks for them.

Reactions: Falcon900
Yes, but TSA does the background checks for them.

No, the TSA checks to see if you are a national security threat to US airspace. I think you would probably have to be on the terrorist watch list or have ties to a foreign country.

I was slightly worried about this because I have a felony robbery on my record but I took my exam, submitted the application and I got my certificate today. So if I passed I think your reckless driving is good.

Just from studying for the test, as far as I can tell, the only thing that disqualifies you from the FAA drone license is a drug (not alcohol or DUI) conviction within one year of applying for the license. And you'll get your license yanked also if you get a drug conviction.

Some people have cited the TSA standard for passenger pre-screen and that involves a detailed background check and is a different process than the TSA 107 screen.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj