Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Will these antennas work?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by amckim2084, Nov 1, 2015.

1. amckim2084

So after testing out my DBS mod on the Standard, I'm very pleased with my range but I'm still learning about antennas and would like to try different ones. I'm looking for sma antennas so I can just screw them on and try them out. Here is what I found.

One 5.8Ghz antenna:
    FPV 5.8Ghz 9DBI Wireless Omni-Directional High Gain Antenna RPSMA Connector RC

Two 2.4Ghz antennas:
    2.4GHz Circular Polarized Antenna RP-SMA For RC 2.4G Transmitter/RX FPV FatShark

Or maybe two of these:
    2.4GHz 16dBi RP-SMA WIFI Booster Wireless Antenna WLAN For PCI Card Modem Router

What are your thoughts on them and how well do you think they would work?

2. RoyVa

Are you planning on trying the antenna only on the RC end or on thenPhantom itself too. If just the RC end you may want to shy from polarized and go with directional or the omi-directional for your tests. I tested several and ended up with Itelite combo antenna.

3. amckim2084

Just RC end. I'm looking for three antennas to screw into the ports that I installed on the remote.

4. RoyVa

Do a search on Amazon for 5.8 ghz antenna and for 2.4 and you should get a selection of various dbi antenna. Same on eBay. They run 5-10 dollars for most. 16 dbi may be a little more but the are really tall antenna's. image.jpeg The stick antenna are 8dbi where as the ilelite are 16 dbi gain

5. kenjancef

Do any of those work on a P2 NV?