Will these antennas work?

Reaction score
Hey everyone just ordered a 7ch black pearl. I already have a set of fat shark spyronet cloverleaf antennas that have female connectors only. Will these work with the 7 channel or will I need an adapter or possibly new antennas? Link to exact antenna is listed below.

thanks guys!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00KAOT4LM

I'd be curious to know your results. I'm using one clover leaf right now from DSLR Pro's and I'm really very happy with it. Not sure if there is compatibility issues. Again, curious how this works out, if you do go through with it.

The Spironet antennas work pretty well. You'll have to check the type of antennas to make sure they work. I have the 7 channel BP to use with the Fatshark channels and the antenna is RP-SMA. I thought it was supposed to be SMA, but I had some RP-SMA antennas so they worked fine. Just make sure you know if you get the SMA or the RP-SMA. Fatshark makes both versions or you could get an adaptor. I prefer to avoid the adaptor. Not sure if it's just an irrational thought of mine, but it seems the adaptors don't provide as smooth of a signal...or that has been my experience. Another thing about antennas, make sure you have them on pretty tight. That seems to provide a smoother signal... Again, just my eyeball experience.

Here's my 2 cents. I've used the Fatshark Spironets and they work pretty well. However, a better set-up (works well with interference and gets good penetration ie. Semi-dense trees) would be the VAS 3 turn Helical and a VAS Mad Mushroom on your monitor and a VAS Airscrew on your VTX. I use just a 3 turn Helical on my goggles (no diversity) and it has a wide enough beam as long as I'm pointing in the general direction.

Anyway, good luck and happy FPV'ing!

Thanks guys.

Diesel - I have ordered a cheap adapter in the hopes it saves me a headache. Link below hope it's what I need lol. Ya I was looking at helical just now and I am very interested. Looks like better technology. I will most likely order new antennas after the BP arrives. Will let u know when it comes in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers