Will there be any legal complications if I fly my Vision Plu

Reaction score
There's several acres of land that my family owns that I am certain I can fly in with no trouble. The only problem is that the only thing there is grass and cows. Not much a photographer can do with that.

I want to start a YouTube series where I fly the Vision in interesting places, and my city is perfect for that. However, I am unsure if there will be any legal complications if I fly it in a populated area. Places like parking lots and parks.

Re: Will there be any legal complications if I fly my Vision

It depends on what country you live in. Good idea to add it to your profile so folks can help you better

GeneralKitFisto said:
There's several acres of land that my family owns that I am certain I can fly in with no trouble. The only problem is that the only thing there is grass and cows. Not much a photographer can do with that.

I want to start a YouTube series where I fly the Vision in interesting places, and my city is perfect for that. However, I am unsure if there will be any legal complications if I fly it in a populated area. Places like parking lots and parks.

Whilst we are waiting for your location, note that "legal complications" should not be your only concern. You should be making a judgement as to whether it is safe or not to do it, regardless of what the laws may say.

GeneralKitFisto said:
I live in TN, USA
Set your location in your profile...
As long as you are not charging for the videos or that no one is making any business or commercial use of the videos, then you're good to go as far as the "commercial use" question is concerned.
Don't fly over any National Park (I know the rules say you can't take off or land in a national park, but try to convince a park ranger that you took off and landed in an adjacent National Forest land).
Download the FAA Sectional Aeronautical Raster Charts PDF Files for the area you want to fly in to get an idea of where airports are located. http://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/flight_info/aeronav/digital_products/vfr/

Avoid crowds, stay under 400 ft, away from airports and you will probably be safe. And, share your videos here.

SteveMann said:
GeneralKitFisto said:
I live in TN, USA
Set your location in your profile...
As long as you are not charging for the videos or that no one is making any business or commercial use of the videos, then you're good to go as far as the "commercial use" question is concerned.
Don't fly over any National Park (I know the rules say you can't take off or land in a national park, but try to convince a park ranger that you took off and landed in an adjacent National Forest land).
Download the FAA Sectional Aeronautical Raster Charts PDF Files for the area you want to fly in to get an idea of where airports are located. http://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/flight_info/aeronav/digital_products/vfr/

Avoid crowds, stay under 400 ft, away from airports and you will probably be safe. And, share your videos here.
Thanks!

You are fine legally. Personally I wouldn't fly in very populated urban areas. If it crashes and hurts somebody you could be civily liable not to mention the fact you would feel horrible about it.

Possibly we could meet in the middle some day and fly a bit.
There are a couple of waterfalls I'd like to try.
I'm very conservative about where and when I fly.
Don't like people nearby if I can avoid it.

Here's a little clip from Ozone Falls near here.
Nothing great. I was a bit puckered up as the sats were ify.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAIgFXrs4X0
I fly a vision 2+.
Pretty happy with it's performance, video, etc,

cdusher said:
Possibly we could meet in the middle some day and fly a bit.
There are a couple of waterfalls I'd like to try.
I'm very conservative about where and when I fly.
Don't like people nearby if I can avoid it.
Eh... might wanna be careful what you propose: I'm only 14 years old

I don't think he proposed anything but meeting to go fly and maybe give you some tips on flying GeneralKitFisto .
cdusher didn't know you were only 14 and most your age don't ask what you did they just do it .
It is good to you want to be legal ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl