Will the Phantom 2 receiver work in something else?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a Phantom 2 V2, with that upgraded transmitter, etc. etc.

What I'd like to know: can you buy a spare Phantom 2 2.4 GHz receiver, and use it in another brand (build yourself) multirotor hooked up to X2 on a NAZA M V2 flight controller?
Since the Phantom 2 transmitter is a "dumb" one, without computer and model memory, I assume that if this works, you'll have to rebind it everytime you want to fly either the Phantom 2 or that other multirotor?
And when bound to the second receiver, will all the correct channels (A, E, T, R, U, X1, X2) be correctly mapped to the new NAZA M V2?

Also, the Phantom 2 receiver has two connectors coming from it. One goes to X2 of the NAZA, but (not having an open Phantom in front of me now) where does the other connector go?

Thanks a lot!

The Phantom 2 receiver has a D-BUS output (which is really just S-Bus like Futaba has). You can use it with any flight controller that takes S-bus, or even others that take PPM by using a S-Bus to PPM converter. (And, I suppose, you can convert PPM to discrete outputs if you wish as well). If you hook it up to a DJI Naza, it will "just work".

The binding info is kept on the receiver. So you can have one transmitter bound to 2 quads at the same time; just turn on the quad you want to use.

The extra receiver connection is for ISP (in-system programming). It allows the FC to query the receiver software version and also update it if necessary. You can just leave this unconnected for the most part.

Thanks a lot for this detailed answer!
Sounds like a 'go'. :)

That ISP connector coming from the receiver, where exactly does it go in a Phantom 2? Some port on the flight controller or is it connected to the main board?

Thanks again.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20