Will the P3 Firmwares let us take off from moving objects?

Reaction score
Can the P3 take off on moving objects or we going to face the same issue as the Inspire 1s.
The P3 is essentially a slower non transformable portable inspire 1 with the same tech and possibly firmware.

Does any testers know the answer?
And does any Inspire 1 know if its the IMU or is it the GPS or both restricting the take off on a moving object?

Last edited:
I always thought that to get a home lock you have to be stationary. If the Phantom is moving at the start then it wont. o_O

No idea, but why not just take off in ATTI mode then switch to GPS once in the air? I've done that several times when surrounded by trees and I new the GPS signal would be fine once above the tree line.

Reactions: Mako79
No idea, but why not just take off in ATTI mode then switch to GPS once in the air? I've done that several times when surrounded by trees and I new the GPS signal would be fine once above the tree line.

Smart.
I didn't think of that. The funny thing is I take off in ATTI regularly and worry about gps when it is in the sky.

Smart.
I didn't think of that. The funny thing is I take off in ATTI regularly and worry about gps when it is in the sky.

The Inspire needed also a stable platform, no vertical movement, to start.
On the video's you can see that they hand started the P3. So stability or movement is a lesser issue.
Ton

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic