Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Will the P2V+ camera be discontinued as well?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by fastsmiles, Apr 23, 2015.

1. fastsmiles

Does anyone have any information on whether DJI will continue making replacement cameras for the P2V+? I have heard that the new camera for the P3 will not be compatible with the Vision +. It seems that replacement cameras might become difficult if not impossible to find in the near future.

Advexure likes this.
  2. Advexure

Approved Vendor

Los Angeles, CA - New York, NY - Sheboygan, WI
    It sounds like parts will still be available despite the small amount of information DJI has provided regarding the EOL of the Vision+. All of the information we have from DJI HQ is "we will continue to provide service and parts for the Vision+". They unfortunately have not provided a specific timeline.

3. RichWest

I think you may want to consider a backup plan, GP mod maybe...

What's in a distributor stock or at DJI is the last of the run for P2 series new material, camera wise. Batteries are a money maker and they're made by others, so we'll have a source for them. All the electronic boards will dry up as well. The used market will be a long term source.

I believe DJI doesn't have any intentions in being backwards compatible, into the near future. This will be the same for the P3 and Inspire. At least that's how I expect it to sort out over the next 2-3 years. What you got in your hands ain't "The Future of Possible"...as it will be from others.

Good luck!

Advexure likes this.
  4. Advexure

Approved Vendor

Los Angeles, CA - New York, NY - Sheboygan, WI
    All very true. Well said, and we would definitely agree that DJI has zero intention to look back at the past. We've already started to see guys with Vision+ units that aren't upgrading start to stock up on the essentials.

5. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

DJI will probably keep up the supply as long as there is demand.
    Why wouldn't they while they can sell cameras at US$700!!!!
    Spare cameras have been a great money spinner for them - a real golden goose.
    But at $700 for a camera (that's not very good) against the P3 Advanced for $1K, you'd be crazy to replace it.

6. Birdman

Amen!

7. Dudeman

Some states require manufacturers to provide functional replacement parts beyond the manufacturer's warranty period. In California manufacturers must provide functional replacement parts for a period of seven years from the date of purchase, Song - Beverly Warranty Consumer Act, Ca. Civil Code section 1790. There is a Federal warranty law, Magnuson Moss Consumer Protection Act that is very similar.

Last time I posted something regarding DJI's warranty obligation to consumers this forum crashed and posts were lost. Chinese hackers?

8. RichWest

I guess we'll wait and see how it all works out...maybe the replacement will be the P3 as mentioned above...that would be a "functional replacement"...hopefully.

9. fastsmiles

Think I'll pick up a used camera to keep as a spare and treat the one I've got like gold.There's no guarantee that the price for a V+ replacement camera won't go up. I plan on flying my V+ for a long time.