will Tall/Wide Landing Gear fit P2V+ v3?

Reaction score
I bought a pair of the tall/wide landing gear skids and didn't notice at the time that it didn't include the P2V+ in the compatibility list, only the P2V.
Looking at the compass it appears to be enclosed in a permanent part of the stock legs. Is there a (non-destructive) way to remove the compass and mount it to the new legs?

Thanks for any help.

Gary

I put a set of + landing skids on my old Vision as they were a little taller so I say yes they will fit the shell .As for the V3 compass I just looked at mine and it looks like ya could pop it off but the out side almost looks like it's molded to the skid :?

dirkclod said:
As for the V3 compass I just looked at mine and it looks like ya could pop it off but the out side almost looks like it's molded to the skid :?

dirkclod, thanks for your reply.

Yeah, that's what I was wondering about. I looked at it with a magnifying glass and the outer part is indeed molded with the leg of the skid. I didn't want to try and remove the inner "lid" without some verification that it won't somehow screw things up or damage anything. Even if it can be removed, I'm wondering how I would go about remounting it to the extended skid and how important the axial orientation is. Would re-calibration take care of any change in rotational positioning? I assume it would still have to remain in the same vertical orientation however. Also, is there enough slack in the compass cable to allow for the additional length as the extended skids are curved for a greater distance before they become vertical.

Gary

In my P2v that I made into a V3 I have about 1/2" of slack you could pull down and have seen others use the longer legs but they where using this older compass you can screw off . Now you might be able to get that compass and just switch them out to keep from cutting the V3 compass off of the skids but I am not sure if it would be compatibly or not . I see now difference with the new compass compared to the other one with mine as never had any problems with it . There are some pictures here with this done and will try to find them for you .

Added / Search in here as there bunch's on this but here's 1 picture I found .https://www.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx ... jku2ysgyhi

Attachments

• 14157101795_ebf358d2b1_o.jpg
    14157101795_ebf358d2b1_o.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 366

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers