Will tablet/phone Wifi/bluetooth interfere with Phantom link? In theory? In practice?

Reaction score
Do we really need to turn off the wifi/bluetooth from our tablet/phone when flying the Phantom 3? Will it interfere for sure or this just theory?

From my other post:

Still in debate as far as I'm concerned. I'd say that there is only a possibility of interference. Both the transmitter and wifi work on the same frequencies of the 2.4ghz spectrum. However, the frequencies used by the transmitter are labeled as channels 1 to 14. DJI has them labeled as 13 to 20. I've seen no information that channels 13 to 20 even exist, especially not for the frequencies that DJI uses. As has been mentioned, the transmitter uses different protocols then wifi. So they should not cross each H other that way but one signal could slightly block another. It's not likely in my opinion but possible. The DJI app should automatically change channels if needed.

I'm not sure if just having those things turned on really interferes from my experience. However I tried to live broadcast using 2.4ghz wi-fi and my hd signal from P3 was unusable. I changed my wi-fi to 5ghz only and it was better but still a lot of hd signal interference. Only LTE works flawlessly with the live streaming. Without doing streaming though, I've flown with both wifi and bluetooth turned on and have not noticed any issues.

I'm not sure if just having those things turned on really interferes from my experience. However I tried to live broadcast using 2.4ghz wi-fi and my hd signal from P3 was unusable. I changed my wi-fi to 5ghz only and it was better but still a lot of hd signal interference. Only LTE works flawlessly with the live streaming. Without doing streaming though, I've flown with both wifi and bluetooth turned on and have not noticed any issues.

I have an N router close to my Flying area and my Cell is on when I Fly with No problems on any of the Three Phantoms I own. I also Have an At&t Cell Tower a stone throw away.

Note...I started with a 350QX / Gopro3 black and had lots of problems, many unexplained crashes

My experience was the same as desertcat's. I used my 2.4ghz wifi hotspot and had hd signal issues as soon as I got in the air. I turned it off and the problem went away.

as posted on the first thread i found with this

There COULD be issues, personal hot spot on IOS uses 2.4ghz and there is no option to preset the channel either, it could be problematic, the ideal way would be having a 5ghz network setup not 2.4

worth remembering people are having problem with app disinfect with just wifi turned on let alone sending data over it.

Been using my wifi to load the maps while i fly from my back yard and front porch and 0 issues here... Only when i use the wifi to stream to youtube i start seeing some minor issues with the HD signal but 0(ZERO) to non radio interferances..... I did test streaming to Youtube with just the 5.8GHZ enable and had Zero to Non issues with the HD Signal or Radio... also i airplay to my apple tv using my wifi and again NO ISSUES.... So yeah the Myth is busted on my side....

I used my appletv to mirror my iphone 6+ during flight and had no issues. The image quality even with only 720P was really good.

I have been testing a Argtek WIFI Extender, about which many have reported significant range gain using it. When I installed the antenna on the P3S controller. My range decreased from 1200' max to 700-900' with the mod. Changing to the paddle antenna from the omnis delivered with the new Argtek package, I had no change in the range. However, when I happened to remember reading of a possible interference, I turned off my iPad bluetooth and sent the bird out again. On my first run I made it to 1900'! By that time my last battery was down to 28% and I couldn't test the omnis. So tomorrow I'll put the omnis back on and check it out. I'll try to remember to let you know how the test turned out. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers